"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
This is a great chronology of WNDB. [Except I take exception to saying YAlit = kidlit
I have books I'm excited to read my kiddos when Storytime returns: My Teacher is a Monster, Hug Machine, Sally Snicker's Knickers, The Tiny King, Sam and Dave Dig a Hole. As for me, I have just finished Umbrella Summer (MG), and Eon (YA) and enjoyed both very much. I was trying for #bookaday but alas...thinking of inventing #1/3bookaday!
I remember doing something like this with Reader's Digest magazines back in the day!
I created the The Reading Tub when my daughter was 18 months old. Now she's 11! You'll find me writing about and sharing literacy ideas
#literacy - Children's Literacy
#Kidlit (or Kidlitosphere)
#Reviews - Children's and YA Book Reviews
#SocialMedia - Consulting and Marketing for Small Businesses
- Mom's Choice AwardsDirector of New Media, 2009 - presentCoach, mentor, content curator, and educator. My roles run the gamut from writing blog posts and scheduling Tweets, building libraries of educational material for Honorees, providing 1-on-1 marketing advice, to creating and teaching webinars at the MCA Academy.
- Reading TubExecutive Director, 2003 - presentFounded the Reading Tub as a nonprofit to promote Family Literacy. Our goal is to bring reading home for families: make it simple to incorporate literacy concepts into daily living and also to find books that are great to share together.
- thereadingtub.com (current)
- Family Bookshelf (current)
- Diversified Learning & Literacy (current)
- Literacy Tips, Tools & Resources (current)
- Using Social Media 101 (current)
- Celebrating Mom's Choice (current)
- MCA Matters (current)
- The Wash Rag, Reading Tub News (current)
- momschoiceawards.com (current)
- MCA Academy Instructor (current)
- MCA Academy Online (current)
- Big Universe blog (past)
- CarolRoth.com (past)
- Work Smarter not Harder (current)
Family Literacy Activities with Music • Reading Tub
The Literacy + Life series helps parents by recommending family literacy activities they can incorporate into daily life. Read about incorpo
Smile & Succeed for Teens recipient of Mom's Choice Gold Award h...
Smile & Succeed for Teens is the recipient of the prestigious Mom's Choice Gold Award honoring excellence in family-friendly products. The a
5 ways to use traditional marketing to promote your social media channel...
Your company is likely to run a number of traditional marketing activities, as well as social media marketing activities. But do both work s
Technology & Your Family - Home Internet Safety
The Internet is fun for kids, but they can end up in "dark alleys." IT Expert Bryant Harrison explains Home Safety in this Technology & Your
West Toledo library hopes to boost literacy with $3.3M ‘fairytale’ addit...
A statewide test called Kindergarten Readiness Assessment – Literacy (KRA-L) is administered to kindergartners to show how much “interventio
Newsletter Tailored to What Your Kids Love • The Reading Tub
Reading Tub Recommendations is a newsletter to bring read-tested books to your inbox based on your kids' ages and favorite subjects or genre
Your Strategy Checklist: Is Your Social Media Outdated?
Staying up on trends and continually evolving a plan are essential to a successful social media marketing strategy. Therefore, it follows th
Helping Kids with Asperger's in the Classroom - Mom's Choice Matters
Jodi Carmichael explains how she helps kids understand their ASD peers and offers ideas on working with students of asperger's in the classr
Asperger's Syndrome and ADHD: The Differences • Mom's Choice Awards
Asperger's Syndrome and ADHD are similar, but they are different disorders. Award-winning author Jodi Carmichael helps parents understand th
How to Attract More Clicks to Your Blog Posts: 11 Revealing Title Tests
Take a look at some blog post title A/B test results, and what the takeaways are for your own title brainstorms.