Children's Book Week was just last week, and thanks to First Second we're still celebrating--throughout April and May, MacTeenBooks has organized a massive multi-blog tour featuring Five Questions with a wide range of amazing cartoonists for kids and teens,...
Our event is a win for everyone - including the person who buys a raffle ticket, because 100% of the money goes to family literacy AND they get the tax deduction.
Please consider entering and sharing this post with your circles, too. had a great idea for inviting your Friends of the Library group to participate.
If we get 20 ticket sales, we will draw TWO winners - that's 104 books - one a week for two years!
Our Mother's Day book raffle is a collection of 52 brand new books for children toddler to YA. We want to send them to YOUR library.
Let us know how we can help get the word out to your patrons.
$75 donation =
* almost $900 in brand new books
* helps at-risk readers (and by extension Literacy First Responders)
* is 100% tax deductible
It can be in Mom's name, it can be the library of Mom's choice ... and since the books are going to the library, there will be LOTS and LOTS of winners. [Including you, since the ticket is 100% tax deductible and you are supporting family literacy programs.]
#mothersdaygiftideas #literacy #raisingreaders
It is a collection of 52 children's-to-YA books ($860+) that will be donated to the library of your choice, in Mom's name.
Even if you don't win, we'll create a certificate celebrating your gift to literacy in Mom's name.
#mothersday #mothersdaygifts #literacy
"The refusal to do anything that isn’t free, in an era where more and more services are finally looking for revenue from the service they provide, is going to leave you in the lurch in the long run. You must take your business and brand seriously enough to put some dollars behind it."
I created the The Reading Tub when my daughter was 18 months old. Now she's 11! You'll find me writing about and sharing literacy ideas
#literacy - Children's Literacy
#Kidlit (or Kidlitosphere)
#Reviews - Children's and YA Book Reviews
#SocialMedia - Consulting and Marketing for Small Businesses
- Mom's Choice AwardsDirector of New Media, 2009 - presentCoach, mentor, content curator, and educator. My roles run the gamut from writing blog posts and scheduling Tweets, building libraries of educational material for Honorees, providing 1-on-1 marketing advice, to creating and teaching webinars at the MCA Academy.
- Reading TubExecutive Director, 2003 - presentFounded the Reading Tub as a nonprofit to promote Family Literacy. Our goal is to bring reading home for families: make it simple to incorporate literacy concepts into daily living and also to find books that are great to share together.
- thereadingtub.com (current)
- Family Bookshelf (current)
- Diversified Learning & Literacy (current)
- Literacy Tips, Tools & Resources (current)
- Using Social Media 101 (current)
- Celebrating Mom's Choice (current)
- MCA Matters (current)
- The Wash Rag, Reading Tub News (current)
- momschoiceawards.com (current)
- MCA Academy Instructor (current)
- MCA Academy Online (current)
- Big Universe blog (past)
- CarolRoth.com (past)
- Work Smarter not Harder (current)
TBT Book Review: A Couple of Boys Have the Best Week Ever
The May 7 TBT Book Review is Marla Frazee's A Couple of Boys Have the Best Week Ever. If you're a kidlit blogger who reviewed it, add your l
8 Reasons My Son Having Autism Has Made Me a Better Person
A parenting website for imperfect parents
10 Weird Ways to Be Happy Today, Backed by Science
Look at beautiful things! Listen to sad songs! 10 new ways to be happy that go far beyond sleep and exercise.
Family Literacy Activities with Music • Reading Tub
The Literacy + Life series helps parents by recommending family literacy activities they can incorporate into daily life. Read about incorpo
Smile & Succeed for Teens recipient of Mom's Choice Gold Award h...
Smile & Succeed for Teens is the recipient of the prestigious Mom's Choice Gold Award honoring excellence in family-friendly products. The a
5 ways to use traditional marketing to promote your social media channel...
Your company is likely to run a number of traditional marketing activities, as well as social media marketing activities. But do both work s
Technology & Your Family - Home Internet Safety
The Internet is fun for kids, but they can end up in "dark alleys." IT Expert Bryant Harrison explains Home Safety in this Technology & Your
West Toledo library hopes to boost literacy with $3.3M ‘fairytale’ addit...
A statewide test called Kindergarten Readiness Assessment – Literacy (KRA-L) is administered to kindergartners to show how much “interventio
Newsletter Tailored to What Your Kids Love • The Reading Tub
Reading Tub Recommendations is a newsletter to bring read-tested books to your inbox based on your kids' ages and favorite subjects or genre
Your Strategy Checklist: Is Your Social Media Outdated?
Staying up on trends and continually evolving a plan are essential to a successful social media marketing strategy. Therefore, it follows th
Helping Kids with Asperger's in the Classroom - Mom's Choice Matters
Jodi Carmichael explains how she helps kids understand their ASD peers and offers ideas on working with students of asperger's in the classr