Brown bag session about "Microservices in REA", presented by Evans Bottcher, I have to admit it's quite mind boggling.
• If you develop it, you test it, and you support it. How hard to find developers with DevOps skill set?
• No versioning management
• Avoid integration test, avoid mock; use consumer driven test framework instead, mock the behaviour of the provider
• The worst software enemy is NOT duplication; avoid shared library, sharing == coupling; copy & paste is your best friend
• Synchronised web service call only; HTTP RESTful service call only
• Monitor is a meaningful thing
• Build anti-corruption firewall against legacy system
Is Microservices just a "small" size version of monolithic application? What good practices I have done during last twenty years are totally WRONG?!