Landline, 3G mobile and ADSL services have been restored at Wonga and Wonga Beach. Landline services have been restored at Dimbulah.
A 2nd helicopter has just left to take a generator, two riggers & climbing equipment to Mt Piebald. It’s also taking technicians to Cooktown
Areas still impacted are:
- 1780 landline services across a number of areas like: Hope Vale, Dimbulah, Kowrowa, Newell Beach, Cooya Beach and Daintree.
- 4G service at Smithfield Heights and White Field.
- 3G mobile service across a number of areas like Mossman, Mt Piebald (affecting Hope Vale), Cape Flattery; White Cliff, Daintree, Port Douglas, Wangetti, Wujal Wujal, White Field, Second Beach, Smithfield Heights and Picnic Bay.
- 2G mobile service at Mossman, White Cliff, Wangetti and Smithfield Heights.
- 1602 ADSL services across: Cooktown, Kowrowa, Newell Beach, Cooya Beach, Oak Beach, Mareeba, Kimberley and Cassowary, Julatten, Miallo and Deeragun
- some Wholesale services.
At the moment our technicians are still restricted from entering a number of areas. We have crews on standby to act as soon as the Emergency Services advise it is safe to do so.
A Satellite Mobile Cell on Wheels arrived in Hope Vale via helicopter this morning and is expected to be operational later this afternoon.
We have announced details of our Disaster Relief package here: http://tel.st/nqzg