Neil deGrasse Tyson @neiltyson
- My promised observations of @StarWars Episode VII #TheForceAwakens
follows (with only mild spoiler alerts).
- In @StarWars#TheForceAwakens, I’m reminded that Red & Blue teams cooperate with one another. Rare in American Politics.
- BB-8 is waaaaay cuter than R2D2.
- I guess I did just demote R2D2 to “Dwarf Cute” status. No hard feelings though.
- BB-8, a smooth rolling metal spherical ball, would have skidded uncontrollably on sand.
- the TIE fighters made exactly the same sound in the vacuum of space as in planetary atmospheres
- if you were to suck all of a star’s energy into your planet, your planet would vaporize.
- the energy in a Star is enough to destroy ten-thousand planets, not just a few here & there.
- once again I felt isolated and inadequate for not understanding Wookiee-speak.
- the lead character snacks on what includes Romanescu Broccoli, nature’s only fractal food.
- Never seen Romanescu Broccoli? Fractal Earth food befitting a tale of long ago and far, far away. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWxMWFJWEAA8lIj.png
- the Storm Troopers still run as though they’re carrying a full load of poop in their diapers.
- apparently Wookiees don’t age, or they age much slower than human actors do.
- the starry skies were unfamiliar. As they should be, a long time ago in a Galaxy far, far away
- Unashamed of inanity, #TheForceAwakens
repeats the Millennium Falcon boast of completing the Kessel Run in "under 12 parsecs"
- ( A Parsec is an obscure unit of distance in Astrophysics, equal to 3.26 Light Years. Neither has anything to do with time. )
- Both at age 19, my wife saw @StarWars in 1977 & our daughter saw #TheForceAwakens
in 2015. I don’t know what that means.
- With next year’s @SuperBowl 50 the NFL abandons Roman Numerals, leaving @StarWars as the last bastion of this counting system
- Finally, inspired by @StarWars#TheForceAwakens, here’s my list of the best Hollywood Aliens and why: https://li.st/l/daae32b4-0c46-4d95-aceb-4db826a5df94