4 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- Maybe will work but can't help thinking drivers will eventually ignore them 🤔Oct 29, 2017
- Ian BartonModerator+1Outside of Reykjavík you can drive for half an hour without seeing another car. Off the road that goes all the way around the coast, you can go for days without seeing another car.
Rush hour in Reykjavík like a quiet day in the school holidays in the south of England.
So seems to be solving a bit of a non problem.Oct 29, 2017
- Ted SalmonOwner+1would seem like a safe place to test new ideas out, thenOct 29, 2017
- Ian BartonModeratorTrue, but if you didn't know about this idea, it would be very confusing. Possibly lead to more accidents with confused drivers being distracted and not concentrating on the pedestrians!Oct 29, 2017
- has the right of it, I think. The problem with this kind of intervention is that drivers become used to it, and go back to behaving as they did before. (See the "Naked Streets" trials where everyone shares nicely for a couple of weeks, and then the motorists go back to bullying everything else out of the space). It might work in an area that has a high percentage of infrequent visitors - otherwise one would have to rejig the optical illusion every so often.Oct 30, 2017
Add a comment...