The two-party trap: Voters are asked to choose between two candidates. Both are unpalatable. Neither represents their interests. But they're convinced to participate in the system with the argument that, if they don't vote for the slight-least-awful option, the slight-worst one will win and make things worse.
5 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 3 previous comments
- Seems like our candidates are pretty 'samo'. Either way, we elect politicians pre-purchased by large corporations who serve corporate interests. Is the appearance of choice an illusion, spun by the .0001%? It feels like that.Oct 10, 2012
- see's it the same way as I do. Doesnt matter who is your "figure head", they are just puppets on strings being pulled by the people who put them there. The evidence is so strong in this and it's out there for those willing to learn it... that it just blow's my mind that so many cant believe this to be true. I guess it's much like faith. If the evidence was out there to debunct religion (there is btw) then people just cant grasp that their faith is being shaken so hard. This really is much akin. Two things you can gaurantee a heated debate on in this world... religion and politics. Ironic isnt it?
As for 's question on a solution? There isnt one. All you can do is arm yourself with knowledge and spread your opinion around as tastefully as you can. Nobody likes a "bible thumper preaching the gospel". Be open minded, share what you know and hope it has some kind of effect. I can say in about 20 yrs of taking this stance and methodology that I think I have affected a few dozen people and they in turn a few less. That means about 100 people give or take? Not bad. Like a train... we have to build momentum on this. Look at the Zeitgeist movement which is right on par with this... they started off as a "wtf"? and now... a few million in the movement? Pretty impressive. We will see a revolution in our lifetime. The system squashed the one that was building up in the 70's but today... we are far more intelligent, have the web at our disposal (maybe not for long as Obama wants it restricted... warning bells!!!) and we might finally put this thing in the can. When it happens though... millions will perish from starvation and rioting. We cant turn this thing inside out without sadly it coming crashing down first in a big way. It will get uglier before it gets pretty.Oct 10, 2012
- Excellent, simply excellent Mr Rall.Oct 10, 2012
- Great image, and thanks for starting this discussion.
Thanks for the GREAT contributions here ! FYI, I am submitting an image tomorrow morning for this high-profile contest: http://artmoney.maker.good.is/ . I have been letting the concept marinate for several weeks, and am very excited to soon be sharing my iconic image to portray exactly what we are discussing here- Big Money corrupting our political system. I'm working on the image all day today to pull this off. Your informed and researched opinion was very compelling and supportive today, when I needed it most. I'll get back at your with a follow up post with link to final image.Oct 10, 2012
- Please include me.
Im very much behind this movement.Oct 10, 2012
- Share me in the image as well
CheersOct 10, 2012