It's about time. Will you be getting one?
19 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 38 previous comments
- So with a Chromebook, you still need a second computer to run anything. Gotcha. I want a PC laptop replacement platform. Something I can plug into a monitor when I want a bigger screen. Surface Pro or something competitive.Jan 23, 2013
- I didn't say that at all. With the use of NaCl Developers are porting Apps at a rapid pace to run within Chrome and the Chrome OS (i.e. Chromebooks). The Chrome Web Store along with Google itself already provides more than enough Apps to fit the every day needs of most Consumers. Power Users may find the use of Remote Desktop helpful for that 1% of things they can't yet run on a Chromebook.
Like I said, the world of Computing has changed drastically and left Microsoft behind. People aren't pining for Microsoft to release Office for the iPad. They already have plenty of great alternatives to that. There are already amazingly great alternatives to desktop IDEs available for Developers coding on iOS, Android and Chrome OS Devices. Where there is a will there is a way. Consumers figured that out long ago, Microsoft still hasn't unfortunately.
Oh btw, Developers that only use Visual Studio are a dying bread as well so claiming that is the main drive for Surface devices just proves how little minded Microsoft followers really are.Jan 23, 2013
- I mean, I see your point. It's a good one. I just like the idea of having both with the surface. Do you know what I mean?Jan 23, 2013
- yeah, I understand that, but Consumers won't. They will think exactly as I have outlined. The Kindle Fire is $199. The iPad starts at $329. Why nearly $1,000 for a Microsoft Surface Pro? That is how average Consumers will react.Jan 23, 2013
- Ah, well, I'm just glad I have more buying power than the average consumer. I don't know if they are the target demographic anyway. I mean, it's a good point. Maybe the Surface family will expand.Jan 23, 2013
- I certainly will not be getting one. My Nexus 7 is good enough for me.Jan 23, 2013