73 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 17 previous comments
- I said e-ink e-reader,Dec 28, 2012
- I would call the Kindle Fire a media device rather than a true e-reader. Sure, you can read a book with the Fire, but you can also "read" with a laptop, desktop, and a 54" Sony Bravia LCD TV.
Those of us who truly read, for hours on end, know that e-ink displays are superior to non e-ink displays for reading. There just is no comparison to a back-lit device.
I haven't bought a physical book since receiving the Kindle as a gift more than two years ago. It completely changed the way I read. Easier on the eyes, portable, convenient...I don't think I will ever buy a physical book again (and I work for a book publisher!).
I like the idea of a media device, but for serious reads, a tablet is no substitute for a dedicated e-ink device.Dec 28, 2012
- I bought a Nexus 7 just after the price drop on the 16gb model. Enjoying it for comics, plus trips.Dec 28, 2012
- No doubt that mobile computing is here to stay, the major innovations in the last few years have proven that this is the beginning of a new era in computing. The PC is close to being buried in the past, but we still need new input methods and redesigned software before it happens.Dec 28, 2012
- I think e-books are best enjoyed on e-readers. But they need to be dirt cheap because the tablet is just the better value. Over time I have collected various versions of each. I only use my laptop for tasks that can't be done with my tablet.Dec 28, 2012
- Nexus7 for Christmas... Greatest gift ever!!!Dec 30, 2012