Facebook adds voice messaging to Messenger for iOS and Android, tests open source VoIP in Canada - http://tcrn.ch/W7AxyO
66 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 6 previous comments
- Hope Google+ steal this one from FBJan 3, 2013
- If that phone was running Android instead of iOS, their Google Maps would have be working perfectly, and directed them to the restaurant... IJS :-\Jan 3, 2013
- it is actually quite simple. FB is one of the largest actively managed directories. Yes it doesn't have all people in the world or all your friends/acquaintances, but it is pretty close. The information we keep about ourselves is pretty much lept up-to-date, as each user is in charge of only one bit of info. By that definition, if you need to contact somebody you know, you're running a good chance that your message will find them. Now with phone number integration your chances are exponentially higher still.
I hear you ask why not use SMS instead. Well, SMS works well on phones but not very well on tablets, computers etc.
Due to poor cell signal in my house, I use FB messaging as a replacement to SMS now, as wifi is no problem.Jan 3, 2013
- Interesting... Definitely see this growing in 2013!Jan 4, 2013
- Ive worked with voice mail and multimedia messaging systems since forever and I'm here to tell you no one will want to use this except as a fad / gimmick. You could always do this with your voice mail service, ever actually use it ?... NO! Also I don't see the VoIP here, its not real time conversation. You are basically recording a .wav file. In the example there are many ways to send directions to someone that would
be better. I call BS.Jan 4, 2013
- Used the voice message just today whilst driving and found it more convenient than voice dictation.Jan 4, 2013