Google is now legally responsible for every crazy thing on the Internet – at least, in Australia.
104 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 29 previous comments
- As if giant spiders and other horrid things living there weren't bad enough they have retarded courts too. Remind me to never visit Australia.Nov 27, 2012
- Just another deep-pockets lawsuit. Google is a big target. If the individual or organization that committed the alleged offense can't pay you enough remuneration, why, go after the big-boy middleman instead.
It's a crock, any way you slice it.Nov 27, 2012
- Actually, it is a nice place to visit. The climate is very similar to that of my homeworld, Vulcan. Not quite as arid, perhaps.Nov 27, 2012
- What the,I don't even. Just as many people are responsible for their actions in real life,people are responsible for all of their actions in the virtual life. These people are just using Google as the scapegoat,its disgusting I tell you.Nov 27, 2012
- To say Google is single-handedly responsible for the content of the Internet is absurd. That is the same type of argument people in the USA try to use to ban guns... Because "guns kill people"... Actually people kill people, not inanimate mechanical objects.
The Internet essentially brings freedom of speech to the entire planet. Many countries have laws that could get people thrown in jail just for expressing an opinion that does not coincide with government view. Do I agree with the content of hate-based websites? Absolutely not. Do I think they should be shut down? Possibly depending on the content. Do I think Google is responsible to shut down a website that it does not create or control in any way? That would be a judge ordering me to reposess my neighbor's car! What the hell does it have to do either me just because I live there?Nov 27, 2012
- This decision needs to be struck down by an appellate court.Nov 27, 2012