50 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 5 previous comments
- this will be amazing technology when it gets scaled up. Imagine a HD refocus able picture. I think the possibilities are what is truly amazing about this little guyDec 6, 2012
- Imagine when it scales up and can do HD video.Dec 6, 2012
- How much it cost?Dec 6, 2012
- Seriously don't understand the Facebook like requirement & the post to Google+ what's the point? Personally not on space book & Never joining again. Dec 6, 2012
- does this include shipping to europe ?Dec 6, 2012
- $400 for the base model with 8GB of storage and $500 for the 16GB version. I've found 8GB to be plenty.
I'm a long way from a pro but here's a picture that demonstrates some of the strengths of the Lytro.
You can click anywhere in the image to refocus. You can also click and hold and move around to change the perspective. In a conventional camera all the light rays converge to create one picture. The Lytro actually captures and saves light rays from the entire lens so it is possible to view an image from slightly different angles.
Imagine your a tiny person inside the camera lens. As you move around inside the lens you'll get slightly different viewing angles. The Lytro camera captures all of those different viewing angles which is why you can "move around" inside a Lytro image.Dec 6, 2012