Check out the President's best quotes from his Google+ Hangout.
155 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 21 previous comments
- there was a bold faced anti-american liar challenging him...Feb 15, 2013
- In my opinion, drones are a good choice when used appropriately. They keep our soldiers out of harms way, and that's a good thing.
Anyone that believes that we wouldn't be trying similar missions with human resources is deluded. All drones are doing is making it safer for our troops.
Now the use of domestic drones for policing and things like that, we start to question the age old question of safety vs liberty.
What's more important the safety of our society or our freedom? History shows a strong back and forth about how to answer this. Post 9/11 the answer has been safety, with critics becoming stronger all the time. It's difficult to find the balance, but it's something we much achieve.Feb 15, 2013
- well a) your army has no business outside your country. not drones, not troops, not special ops, and not cia ops either.
if your interests "need" to be defended outside your borders by any other means than diplomacy you did something very wrong, and are massively disrespecting other countries sovereignty. putting them on an axis of evil, or declaring them hostile to your own country, or defining their interests detrimental to your interests doesn't grant you that right either.
and b) one of your guys said that who ever is willing to give up a little freedom for a little security deserves neither.
but i guess i agree with you that it's not as simple as that.
or rather the question is what are freedoms one should have, and what are things that can't be considered personal freedom, but rather are a violation of other's rights freedoms or safety.Feb 15, 2013
- Okay that was great. Now please quit hanging out and giving speeches and start fixing our economy. It's been 4 long years and my hope is running out...Feb 15, 2013
- Feb 15, 2013
- I agree with you but have one small caveat. He choose to join the service. And in the words of one of our great super heroes, "he knew the job was dangerous when he took it".Feb 15, 2013