A win for anonymous trolls everywhere!
Facebook Users Must Be Allowed To Use Pseudonyms, Says German Privacy Regulator; Real-Name Policy ‘Erodes Online Freedoms’ | TechCrunch
Facebook's thorny relationship with Europe and European lawmakers took another barb in the side yesterday as German's Data Protection Commissioner issued a ruling that Facebook's real-name...
57 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 11 previous comments
- Can someone give me the argument for why a court should have a say in this?? It's Facebook's system and an individual has the right to join or not to join. If the court sees that the network has grown to a size where an individual loses this decision power, then I think we have a whole different problem to discuss.
I'm really confused/concerned on this one.Dec 18, 2012
- Facebook doesn't sell your data, do you know how facebook ads even work? Advertisers pay facebook so Facebook can show you their ads. But these ads are run on facebook *servers*, advertisers have no idea on whose profile they appear. Do you have any source that says Facebook sells your data? That could send Mark Zuckerberg to jail. Maybe you should call the authorities if you have such proof he is selling your data cause that would be illegal.
As for fascism, how do you call it when a government tell people how they should run their private life and businesses? Call it what you want but it sure is anti-freedom.Dec 18, 2012
- of course it's simple, life is made of compromise. I grew up in third world countries where people have barely enough to eat and you're telling me leaving facebook is a hard choice? I call bullshit on that sir.Dec 18, 2012
- that's not what I said at all. You said leaving facebook was hard which seems ridiculous to me. Leaving facebook is just a couple of clicks away, reading such absurdities makes me smile when I know what hard choices actually are for having lived in third world countries. You are so spoiled if you think leaving facebook is hard, go travel a bit to learn what hard choices really are. Do you really need a law from your government because doing a couple of clicks is hard? That is ridiculous.Dec 18, 2012
- I wish more people I know will leave Facebook. Simple as that.Dec 18, 2012
- , I don't know what you're talking about. The data? This is simply forcing FB to allow users to have fake names. That has nothing to do with data already loaded under a legitimate name.
Please clarify.Dec 18, 2012