62 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 8 previous comments
- A screen full of icons... I think my desktop has prior art.Nov 22, 2012
- Some people don't know the difference between a patent application and a patent. But that won't prevent them from trolling against Apple.Nov 22, 2012
- perhaps you'll enlighten us.
I can see only two reasons in my view is a) obtain a protection for their IP b) draw a line in the sand to say we thought of this on such and such day.
My point is this sort of UI element should not be patentable. It will stop others on improving and taking it further. The end result of IP protection is less innovation. It's not like they've sweated over this design for years and spent gazillions of dollars.
If it was any other company I'd be almost happy to believe that they'd open source the patent for free, but with Apple ...Nov 22, 2012
- I wonder what would happen if the first car manufacturer patented it's vehicle? Would you be navigating a five-wheeled car with a joystick? I think that makes more sense than patenting a fracking rectangle.Nov 23, 2012
- just on a technical note, the layout of pedals and methods of shifting gears or braking has changed since the first car or even a decade of early cars but I absolutely agree with your point.
Maybe it actually demonstrates the point further. Take what we have and improve upon it, to make it better for everyone's sake.Nov 23, 2012
- you are right Petr, but that improvements were implemented in older one first isnt it?Dec 3, 2012