Foxconn allegedly replacing human workers with robots. With 1 million robots to be exact. - http://tcrn.ch/QEV6qs
60 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 38 previous comments
- You all realize you're using a machine to post your comments right?Nov 14, 2012
- I have a corporation and we would be happy to have products that never need to be replaced. We would just keep researching and building new things.Nov 14, 2012
- I spend 4 years working in AMD and another 4 in Delphi Automotive.
Having robots in your manufacturing operations does not mean that you can move it any where in the world. In fact you are even more tied down. The robots required skilled operators, service personnel and parts.
Any manufacturing plant requires skilled workers, close access to air transport, an entire supplies and support eco system. Don't expect a plant to suddenly pop up like sore thumbs.
Lastly no unions, the margins are thin enough.Nov 14, 2012
- hehe, some great comments!Nov 14, 2012
- 3D printing won't make transport cheaper but has the potential to reduce the amount it is needed which may actually make it more expensive some what by reducing supply.Nov 14, 2012
- Why is this a surprise. Robots are more consistent, faster and can work in very tight tolerances.
Nov 14, 2012