You really have to hand it to Jeff Bezos and Amazon, which seem to continuously defy reality — and gravity.
74 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 12 previous comments
- I read somewhere something like: the competition should be scared witless as they have a giant competitor whose shareholders allow it to make a loss.Jan 30, 2013
- +Geoff Kleinman they don't lose money anymore. Hardware costs came down since the first Kindle Fire came out, and they can make them for a small profit now.Jan 30, 2013
- Amazon represents 30% of all sales over the internet . . .Jan 30, 2013
- and they still can't deliver overnight eitherJan 30, 2013
- 10 Billion - The number the oil companies make in 1 quarter. That's when the cry's of them making to much profit will start and some people will look to tax them more - What really is "TOO MUCH"?Jan 30, 2013
- The lose money on each transaction but make a profit based on volume is a classic joke. The most famous being the Saturday Night Live change bank skit.
But since it's a loss leader /Marketing tool it's irrelevant. Amazon is about market expansion and creating habitual purchasing habits (see amazon Prime) at the moment.
You can't condemn Amazon for a lack of profit if profit isn't their goal.Jan 30, 2013
Add a comment...