Got to pay to play, amirite.
46 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 22 previous comments
- They're not removing Google as an option. They're charging Google a fee to be the default choice. This can be changed in just three clicks. If I wanted to use Bing or Yahoo! now, I could - but I prefer accurate results.
Also, unless I'm missing something, this would only affect Safari. The Google app and Chrome app will still use Google search.
Apple's not going to charge Google this amount if they weren't also charging Bing (or whoever) a similar amount. This is a highest bidder thing. There's no way they'd charge Google this money only to make some other Search Provider the default choice for free if Google doesn't pay.Feb 12, 2013
- Wow if the charge the
big g that much how much is the big g going to charge apple for thr the use of the map app ?Feb 12, 2013
- What is iPhone?Feb 14, 2013
- A tracking device. A wicked cool one ;)Feb 14, 2013
- Apple should be paying Google for use of their search engine. Either way business is business what can you do?Feb 14, 2013
- so, Apple should be paying Google for use of their free search engine. Does that mean we should each individually be charged for using it too?Feb 14, 2013