We need your vote - http://panelpicker.sxsw.com/vote/35771 please.
Ready to Contribute your expertise to fuel the world's innovation economy? Then join us at SXSW Interactive and let us see whatcha got.
By partnering with the SXSW community we will host a challenge on Google+ at the SXSW interactive festival to co-invent new products and services to be launched via crowd funding.
Establish revenue sharing from your team's successful product or service!
The top teams will be selected via public vote and will receive benefits and services from our corporate sponsors.
...What are you waiting for? Get up, #InventSomething , and #InventJobs !
Please cast your vote on SXSW website - http://panelpicker.sxsw.com/vote/35771 and share it with your friends.
#sxsw2015 #sxswinteractive #invention #googlehangoutsforbusiness
- entreVentures Inc.Partner, 2014 - present"entre" pairs people with options to enhance their productivity and wellness anywhere they venture. We are providing access to all the best productivity (think co-working, meetings, coffee shops) and Wellness (think gyms, fitness studios, spas) spaces in cities via one membership. Our members are people that believe "Life is a Venture" thus most of the people that use our app daily are generally "busy-people" (entrepreneurs, freelancers, mobile professionals, etc) that are movers and shakers in their community or circle of influence.
- DB Business GroupProject Coordinator, 2013 - presentDB Business Group (DBBG) is a financial management and consulting firm. We leverage our direct access to Private Equity groups, supply chain management networks, and partnerships with overseas business associations to deliver innovative solutions to our clients. DBBG has Four main divisions: 1. Private Equity 2. Supply Chain Management 3. Business Development Consulting 4. Entrepreneurship Education Seminar (EES) DBBG’s Private Equity division is two-sided. We secure funds for clients seeking various forms of creative capital and present investors with opportunities to fund highly lucrative projects. DBBG offers pre-vetted projects that have been selected to provide the optimum fit to the needs and interests of our clients. What distinguishes DBBG from our competitors is our ability to leverage our extensive Strategic Partnerships with Private Equity firms, project development funnels, and business incubators to create efficient one-stop-shop networks for our clients. Our Supply Chain Management division is multi-faceted; we provide our clients with low cost manufacturing while maintaining quality control, and logistics coordination. The Business Consulting Division of DBBG offers a hands-on, involved approach that is tailored specifically for our clients. Unlike other consulting firms, we offer innovative solutions and actively participate in their implementation until we achieve the desired results. We seek out resources, provide analysis, and walk our client through the process to completion.
- FOVNDERSPartner, 2014 - presentFOVNDERS is a lifestyle brand for people who believe "life is Venture". We provide products and services for leading a "Venturing" Lifestyle.
- VIRAL INDUSTRIES™(GLOBAL PROJECT MANAGEMENT) Strategic Project Executive & Co-Founder, 2011 - present• Commissioned by a PE firm ("DB business group") to import $1+ billion in aggregate from a Investor syndicate in China ("The Bo Shang") to invest in 18 multi-industry deals in Austin, Texas. • Consulted over 20 international entrepreneurs on building their own businesses via Vi’s process. • Led, planned, managed, & executed projects between all constituents for collective outcomes. • Analyzed investments and negotiated equity, salaries, and incentives with engineers, investors, and PhD’s. • Networked professionally offline and online through SXSW, university events, Angelist, LinkedIn etc. • Mentored and advised entrepreneurs throughout their full-stack, lean startup lifecycles by leading them through the steps of executing their profit models, minimum viable solutions, and customer development strategies: strategic writing, market research, product development/UI/UX, fundraising, presenting, hiring, scaling, etc. resulting in 20+ jobs from over 8+ startups. We are a Startup for Startups pioneering a new cooperative model of Free Enterprise. Collectively we collaborate, co-create, and contribute towards improving our world for everyone Join the (R)evolution within! signup.viralindustries.com
- The Entrepreneurial EcosystemVipreneur™, 2011 - presentProviding Full Stack, Entrepreneurial life-cycle leadership & "Profit for Purpose" Business Modeling for uniting small businesses & Startups within the Viralocratic™ Republic @Viralindustries. - Consisting of Strategic Business Execution, from Idea to IPO and Beyond
- Personal Trainer & Nutritionist2007 - 2014Helping clients obtain optimal performance objectives through effective BMI goals.
- Page Parkes CorporationPhotographer, Model & Actor, 2009 - 2014Print, runway, & commercial as well as film & TV. *Representation: Paige Parks (Modeling) Moxie (Acting) Heyman Talent (Acting) MethodModels (Promotions)
- Service Industry(EVENT MANAGEMENT) Hospitality & Event Professional, 2008 - 2014• Partnered with SXSW, Allstate, Dos XXs, GMC, Red Bull, Blu, Wells Fargo and other brands to sponsor events. • Hosted events locally & virtually to grow businesses, increase brand recognition, and to generate new leads. • Financed & managed hospitality teams in a $1 million dollar music & arts festival for over 10,000 people. • Worked in promotions and brand advocacy for over 8+ years representing 100’s of companies. • Shot photography for the Denton, county municipality & entertainment district exclusively for 2 years • Worked with Austin restaurants & business owners by budgeting, serving/ bartending, and producing numerous events at their venues. TABC certified with food handler’s certification, and over 4 years’ experience in the service industry. Created a 10% increase in foot traffic & profitability for all stake holders.
- Disruption Corp.Regional Analyst, 2014 - 2014• Research, Investment & Advice for the Private Market • The public markets are becoming increasingly efficient and alpha opportunities are decreasing. At the same time, the private markets are increasing in access and information. No one is leading with respect to advice and guidance in this transition. Until now. Welcome to Disruption Corporation. • location-based analysts deliver unmatched insight and opinions on technology and private market companies.
- Yodle, Inc.(SALES) Account Executive & SaaS Sales Analyst, 2012 - 2013• Everyday made 200 cold calls, set 10 product appointments, or presented 5 one hour product presentations. • Searched, researched, and matched 3000+ business prospects into company’s lead generation database. • Generated well over $400K in revenue while analyzing performance over 180 accounts through Salesforce. • Managed new product development for internal CRM app that increased customer acquisition 15%. • Ranked in the top 3% out of 800 sales people for 6 months and voted top team leader of 2012. • Prospected, consulted, and managed SMB accounts through SEO/ SEM and SaaS sales. Enabling 100’s of White & Blue Collar business owners to monthly convert 3x more business for themselves; resulting in sustainable growth for Yodle and profitable ROI for the SMBs.
- Ambling Companies, Inc.(ADVERTISING) Creative Director & Community Coordinator, 2005 - 2010• Produced $5 million in revenue through helping lease over 600 student residential units. • Created weekly presentations for new residents, as well as made preparations for renewing current resident contracts. • Created and directed all visual & graphic assets while marketing the property to over 1 million people. • Coordinated community events, orientations, & parties generating 3x ROI consistently over 4 years. • Responsible for being voted “The best place to live at UNT” out of 16 competing properties for 4 years. • Helped lease apartments, direct creative projects, and coordinated events for over 4000 residents at a commercial residential property over 7 years by building relationships with 100s of sponsors and families to meet quarterly and annual goals, producing a consistent growth in contract renewals, resident referrals, and community visibility year after year.
- ACN Inc.(RECRUITING) SVP in Regional Development, 2010 - 2011• Facilitated full cycle recruitment (FCR) by researching, sourcing, and interviewing 1000’s of candidates. • Designed & implemented nationwide recruiting strategies for technically specific positions. • Trained, recruited & managed 35 sales people to convert 100’s of residential & commercial accounts. • Lead international expansion on 4 continents through coordinating leadership, sales & recruitment training. • Recognized as the top preforming Executive Team Leader of DFW, Texas for over 8 months. • Serviced brands such as AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, Dish Network, Direct TV, ADT, Xoom Energy etc. by acquiring residential & commercial accounts from recruiting a sales force and creating training programs for 6 regional Directors and their franchisees to internationally expand recruitment & operations by 14%+, generating 11%+ annual revenue, & 27%+ profit.
- University of North Texas(MARKETING) Assistant Director of Branding, Marketing, & Licensing, 2011 - 2012• Worked cross-functionally with over 12 departments to collaborate on university wide programs & projects. • Completed cost-benefit analysis’s for major collaborations and drafted proposals for university budget review. • Accountable for meeting with over 150 business owners and alumni to fundraise and sponsor the full budget. • Tracked and correlated financial data & KPI’s from 8 marketing campaigns to reinvest 20% of the budget. • Developed and implemented copy for advertising and marketing collateral for university enrollment needs. • Assisted The Director of integrated marketing via maximizing existing push marketing campaign by installing & budgeting a pull marketing/ branding strategy that successfully reprogrammed the University’s student & faculty culture through creating & executing 7+ new traditions for 35000+ people triggering community & college engagement and increased enrollment.
Tarzan Sharif works with leadership to bring their greatest work into the world by a process that is at the intersection of the meaning of life and improving the systems that support life. "My passion is getting leadership to collaborate on outcomes and commonalities that will improve our world through the entrepreneurial lifecycle."
Join the (R)evolution within! signup.viralindustries.com
- University of North TexasEntrepreneurship & Innovation, 2010 - 2012Graduate Focus | Masters of Business Administration: Entrepreneurship & Innovation. Concentrations: Economics, Neuroscience, Globalization, and Self-Actualization.
- University of North TexasNew Media Interaction Design, 2005 - 2010Undergraduate | Bachelors of Fine Art: New Media Interaction Design. Concentrations: Art, Science, Psychology, Humanities, History, Health and Wellness.
- Green B. Trimble Technical High SchoolFine/Studio Arts, General, 2001 - 2005National Honors Society: Graduated Top 3% of Texas. Summa Cum Laude
39 Startup Founders Share Their Favorite Quotes from America's Founding ...
In honor of Independence Day, we reached out to various startup founders and asked them for their favorite quotes from America's very own Fo
Armed With New Fund, Index Ventures Hunts For The Next Billion-Dollar Te...
One of Europe's leading venture capital funds is arming itself with a new $700 million fund.
The Remarkable Photo Manipulations of Jan Oliehoek | Psdtuts+
In this article we will take a look at the photo manipulations of Jan Oliehoek.
Fujitsu announces global availability of PRIMEHPC FX10 Supercomputer
Fujitsu has announced worldwide availability for its new PRIMEHPC FX10 supercomputer, which can be scaled up to a 1,024 rack configuration f
6 incredible shipping container homes - DeMaria Design, Redondo Beach Ho...
These aren't your typical mobile homes. They're swanky, beautifully designed and, well, made out of recycled shipping containers.
Apple's Secret Weapon To Influence Industry Pricing - Slashdot
Hugh Pickens writes "Nick Wingfield writes in the NY Times that Apple's present pricing strategy is a big change from the 1990s, when consum
Cool Photos and Artworks for Your Inspiration #90 | The Design Inspiration
Currently browsing Cool Photos and Artworks for Your Inspiration #90 for your design inspiration
Colleges and Universities Are Going on a .XXX Domain Shopping Spree
Yes, Colleges and Universities are snapping up .XXX Domains left and right. But no, they're not aspiring to be future AVN award winners. Ins
Residence in the Caribbean by Silberstein Architecture
Silberstein Architecture, a firm based in Delray Beach, Florida, completed this amazing, and very green residence on the Dutch island of Bon
Glow-in-the-Dark Home Furniture Lights Up Nights | WebUrbanist
These lounge chairs, bars, bathroom counters, plant pots, textiles and wallpaper designs feature integrated lights, glowing in the dark when
Piracy May Boost Sales, Judge Concludes | TorrentFreak
A Spanish judge came to an interesting conclusion in a case dealing with a seller of pirated copies. According to the judge the defendant do