Brown’s areas of expertise include:
• Starting a community-focused space for learning new skills like coding, 3D printing and electronics
• Collaborating with local libraries
• Interest-driven youth education
Find her on Twitter here: https://twitter.com/tara
And on Kickstarter here: https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/tara
Los Angeles Public Library (Los Angeles, CA): The Los Angeles Public Library teams up with LA Makerspace to offer multigenerational literacy programs with a science, technology, engineering, art, and math (STEAM) twist in many of the library system’s 73 locations. The library’s “Full STEAM Ahead” program presents STEAM programs for preschoolers and school-aged children to help compensate for the scarcity of free and low-cost afterschool programs in those subjects in the LA Community. The library also organizes fun, hands-on learning opportunities in community workshops that incorporate robotics, coding circuitry, stop-motion animation, citizen science and 3D printing.
- British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT)
- Post University
Hi and thanks for being here!
I'm a Tech Director at the Connected Learning Alliance & DML Research Hub. I co-founded the LA Makerspace and serve as Chairwoman. I also co-created the LA tech stratup map, Represent.LA.
This is general list of things I tend to post:
- MAKE / DIY
- Women in Tech
- Los Angeles,
- Digital Media Learning,
- Mentoring & Coaching,
- Kid Stuff,
- Animal Advocacy
- and things that make me laugh.
Hearts and Hugs,
- The Connected Learning AllianceTechnical Director, 2014 - present
- Los Angeles MakerspaceCo-founder/Exec Director, 2012 - present
- UC Irvine Digital Media Learning Research HubTechnology Director, 2012 - present
- Born This Way FoundationTech Advisor / Wrangler, 2012 - 2013
- Tiger ProductionsOwner/ Technical Product Manager, 2011 - 2012
- NootCo-founder/VP of Product, 2010 - 2010
- Topspin MediaSr. Program Manager / Account Manager, 2008 - 2010
- MicrosoftSr. Lead Program Manager, 2000 - 2008
- BCAADeveloper / Project Manager, 1997 - 2000
- Yaletown TechnologyDeveloper / Project Manager, 1995 - 1997
Startup Markets DIY STEM Projects for Kids -- THE Journal
A new startup is providing easy-to-make electronics kits designed to help children between the ages of 5 and 12 make things and, in the proc
@kithubcc Womp! Womp! Womp! by Ryan Schroeder (rschroed) on Mobypicture
About. more about Moby and the team. News. stay up to date with our latest blogs. Support. need help or have a request? Developers. build ap
Comic-Con International: San Diego 2014, Makers and Cosplayers
If you love making, you couldn't help but find something to geek out about during this special five days, but the cosplayers were what reall
9 Year Old Boy Receives a 3D Printed Prosthetic Arm – Thanks to e-NABLE
It seems like every other day, we are covering another prosthetic device created by an organization called e-NABLE. Up until now, we have on
This Amazing Interactive Site Lets You Create Symphonies With Your Keybo...
The "portable animation and sound kit" lets you conduct audiovisual symphonies simply by tapping your computer keyboard.
'Grand Theft Auto V' As Character Drama And The Challenge Of Writing A F...
Grand Theft Auto V is a character drama, but it's missing some important pieces.
Tinkering Fundamentals: Integrating Making Activities into Your STEM Cla...
Tinkering Fundamentals: Integrating Making Activities into Your STEM Classroom is a free online class taught by Mike Petrich, Karen Wilkinso
Peru's archaeologists turn to drones to help protect and explore ancient...
Remote-controlled aircraft can save months of survey work and defend against growing threat from miners and squatters
Los Angeles Comedian Shares Why She Hates San Francisco
Los Angeles-based comedian Suzi Barrett shares the reasons why she hates San Francisco, California in this funny video on Funny or Die. It's
The Up! is up! --- Unclogging the nozzle on the Up! 3D printer.
The Up! printer at Los Angeles Makerspace had been down with a jammed extruder. Eain first reported that the extruder was stuttering while e