Right here, Right now
Another month, another dose of Glass goodness. Here are a few of the new features we’re releasing...Now on Glass
As you go about your day, Google Now delivers helpful cards with information you need, before you even ask. Now, when you swipe backwards on the touchpad, you’ll find even more useful information like: Restaurants, hotels, events
- Be reminded of dinner reservations, hotel bookings and concerts. You’ll see these reminders for places that sent you an email confirmation.Movies
- Find showtimes and movie information for nearby theaters. Emergency alerts
- Change your plans on the fly when severe thunderstorm or flash flood warnings are in effect.
These new cards join other useful Now updates, including:Traffic
- Get traffic conditions and alternate routes before you leave for work.Weather
- Know how to dress before stepping out the door.Sports
- See live scores for your favorite teams.New voice commands
You can now add voice commands from other services to the main menu. To kick things off, we’re introducing two new voice commands: “Post an update” (first supported by Path), and “Take a note” (first supported by Evernote). Updates and notes are just the beginning; soon you’ll be able to use your voice to trigger all sorts of services. We’ll keep you posted (pun very much intended) as we roll out more. #canttouchthis
If you’re a developer, check out how to enable these commands for your service. Details here: developers.google.com/glass/contacts#declaring_voice_menu_commandsVideo Player: Find the right moment
Now when you’re watching your videos or video updates from CNN, you can tap to pause, play and swipe to fast forward or rewind, letting you skip to the moment you care most about.
These updates will be rolling out automatically to your Glass over the next couple days. Find other improvements in our Help Center (support.google.com/glass/answer/3284654
Until next month...#glassupdates