"We hope that this finally puts to rest the illusions people have about fingerprint biometrics. It is plain stupid to use something that you can´t change and that you leave everywhere every day as a security token"
...you don't have a clue where you came from, of what you are doing here, and what will happen after you die…
1) The founder is not playing a big enough game, does not have enough conviction, is not confident enough in how BIG his idea is, and is not aggressive enough in execution, ends up quitting too early because he doesn’t have enough money to pay rent and groceries. Needs a Sean Parker.
2) The founder does not understand how to do company building and fundraising. Needs a Matt Cohler.
3) There is a capital markets problem (opportunity!) and there is not enough risk capital available.
Talmai Oliveira is enthusiastic and passionate. He is also a software engineer, a researcher, and an entrepreneur.
Can code in (almost) any programming language and adapt to (almost) any type of project (server-side, client-side, embedded, blah blah). Lately (5+ yrs), his focus has been on practical solutions to complex problems. Title-wise he has a B.Sc. in computer science, a M.Sc. in mechatronics and a Ph.D. in computer science and engineering from Universidade Federal da Bahia and the University of Cincinnati.
Currently having fun at Philips Research North America in the role of Member Research Staff, in the Controls, Communication, and Healthcare Informatics Department... no, wait, the Lighting Solutions and Services Department. :)
This is my private account. The views presented here are my own, and do not necessarily represent that of my employer's - be it positions, strategies or opinions.
Has* a hard time keeping up with a certain long haired mini dachshund.
* For what it's worth, Talmai is a heterosexual genetic male, happily married to quantity 1 heterosexual genetic female.
- University of Cincinnati (PhD E.E.C.S 2012)Uncertainty and Reliability in Wireless Networks, 2008 - 2012
- Universidade Federal da Bahia (M.Sc Mechatronics 2007)
- Universidade Federal da Bahia (B.Sc Computer Science 2002)
- Philips ResearchMember Research Staff, 2012 - present
- University of CincinnatiPhD Student, 2008 - 2012