Start a hangout
288 followers|261,349 views
Did you receive a letter indicating that you or a family member need to update their SSN in DEERS? Make sure to follow the instructions in the letter to ensure your information is correctly reported to the IRS. You can also visit us online to learn more: www.TRICARE.mil/ProofMEC.
Proof of Minimum Essential Coverage. For Tax Year 2015. The Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS)* will report your health care coverage to the IRS; You will get IRS Form 1095 which documents minimum essential coverageBasic health care coverage that meets the Affordable Care Act ...
Add a comment...
See Links Section
The newest source of information and outreach for TRICARE beneficiaries
TRICARE is managed by the Defense Health Agency (DHA) under the policy guidance and direction of the Assistant Secretary of Defense (Health Affairs) (ASD[HA]). The DHA manages the TRICARE budget, executes TRICARE policies and oversees the entire TRICARE health program.
The North, South and West regional contractors provide customer service for all plans except TRICARE For Life and the US Family Health Plan. The overseas contractor provides customer service for all overseas plans.
- View a list of states in the North Region
- Contractor: Health Net Federal Services, LLC
- 1-877-TRICARE (1-877-874-2273)
- View a list of states in the South Region
- Contractor: Humana Military, a division of Humana Government Business
- View a list of states in the West Region
- Contractor: UnitedHealthcare Military & Veterans
- 1-877-988-WEST (1-877-988-9378)
- View a list of countries in each overseas area
- Contractor: International SOS
- Country-Specific Toll-Free Numbers
Click on the health plan or program to find additional contact information: