"This lawsuit isn’t about getting compensation for products that were released in 2007 or even 2011, it’s about protecting the products that will be released in 2013 and 2015 and beyond."
40 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 106 previous comments
- I do hope the judge looks at cars today, SUVs in particular. Has anybody noticed how today's SUV's look alike? And how different they were 15 years ago. I will throw TVs in the mix along with french door fridges. Not to say anything about canines, felines and others. Design, through the evolution of ideas, shapes, body dynamics, moves to create the most efficient way to attain a goal. That is why all the above examples show a convergence of design. Not stealing, it is just how things evolve. Samsung did look at Apples design choices and made changes to choices Samsung had made. Not always copying, sometimes improving.Aug 11, 2012
- y u no apply patent for your Notification bar...Aug 11, 2012
- Team Samsung!Aug 12, 2012
- thats because that patent is still pending.
I think people need to play nice! Both fanbois in both camps and the tech companies in general.
Yes Apple have some very broad reaching patents which it is defending in court.
But all of them that I have read.. ALL OF THEM relating to the cases so far, I can list examples of prior art which should invalidate them. the fact is that the USPTO is simply awarding patents which should not be granted in the first place. I hope that the outcome of this case is a great number of patents being invalidated, however I do think that certain models (the Galaxy S with touch wiz) do infringe on apple trade dress.
I mean I hate what these apple lawsuits have done to the tech websites. Its all about the lawsuits and not about the new awesome technology.
People please please stop with the mindless insults hurled at each other over nothing but an emotional connection and brand loyalty.
Just for my 2 cents of troll bait :) the nexus experience is the superior purely because I can use Google services on ANY platform (including IOS), I get more features and more frequent updates (note I said nexus) and I cant use Apple services on anything other than apple devices. AND.... ATTACK!Aug 20, 2012
- I'm sure ya'll have heard of Moto's patent lawsuit against Apple. research onor . Apple needs little taste of its own medicine.Aug 20, 2012
- I wonder ifhas been following the USPTO outcomes on Apple's pinch-to-zoom & rubber-band effect "inventions".Dec 20, 2012