In this week's issue of TIME, writer Kate Pickert explores the parenting philosophy of Dr. Bill Sears, known to his followers as the "father" of attachment parenting. From extended breast-feeding to parenting's feminist roots, TIME takes a deep dive into how this movement has changed our culture and our children.
45 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 13 previous comments
- Well some cancer patients now drink breast milk for its benefits... why should a child with an immature immune system (which isn't fully developed until 7 yrs old) be any different?
And just because "the impact […] is less", why should it all of a sudden be stopped? It's better for the kid than all the processed crap out there otherwise! Kids will wean themselves when they're ready, why force it if no one's getting hurtMay 10, 2012
- sillyMay 11, 2012
- Studies have shown that attachment parenting (extended breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing, etc) actually results in VERY independent older childrenMay 11, 2012
- Is she single?May 11, 2012
- she is not single. Don't you see the guy sucking on her breast? I bet he already reached puberty.May 11, 2012
- hahahaha game of thrones is the first thing that came to my mind when I saw this eeeeeeeep!May 11, 2012