Here's a behind the scenes look of what went down on the set of our Samsung Galaxy S III commercial, premiering later this week. Be sure to check back to see how we used the "Share Shot" mode to capture and share the action from all different perspectives.
T-Mobile behind the scenes: Samsung Galaxy S III commercial
10 Photos - View album
17 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 3 previous comments
- Employee party lolJul 9, 2012
- Advertising is important. As we increase our capability it is good to attract more customers that. That will bring in more money to further increase signal and towers. Also with the acquisition of spectrum from AT&T and the swaps with Verizon things will happen!Jul 9, 2012
- Looks like a great time!Jul 9, 2012
- , are you suggesting or any company stop advertising?Jul 12, 2012
- I've been with TMobile for 3 years only because they are cheap, but in Rochester, one of the largest cities in NY, there are many dead spots. Go inside a grocery store and forget it, signal gone. I have a dead spot in my living room. I have noticed no improvement in coverage since I've had them. 3G coverage is still very limited even on major highways around Rochester. Frequently have only the dreaded Edge network data, even in highly populated areas. The only thing keeping me from switching is price. If I go anywhere away from a major population center, I lose coverage. They need to stop focusing on high speed and focus on penetration and signal strength. This commercial is a fantasy for 90% of TMobile's market. Sorry guys, I like you, but you have lots of work to do.Jul 12, 2012
- http://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/pcc.aspx - And, to actually help us to work to enhance your coverage faster, please don't hesitate to fill this out: http://www.t-mobile-takeaction.com/ - You can also provide that address to anyone you know in your area with T-Mobile too. :) I hope this helps, we really appreciate your loyalty due to our great prices, but we'd love to help improve your service too! ^MG- We're sorry to see any issues with your coverage. :( Sometimes a lot of factors can impair coverage, but please keep in mind we are constantly working to enhance your service and coverage, you can always keep and eye on your coverage here:Jul 13, 2012
Add a comment...