As shared this afternoon (goo.gl/2QjBGx), we’ve spent lots of time talking to people who are passionate about Google+. We visited them in their homes, we invited them into early testing communities and we learned more about how and why they use Google+. The predominant answer? Having a great place to keep up with and talk about their interests. From Astrophotography (goo.gl/HRQmIh) to Wild Hummingbirds (goo.gl/6FscI6), people are not only discovering amazing things, but meeting others who share their passions as well.
Today we’re taking a big step toward making Google+ an even better place for your interests. To do so, we’ve drastically simplified nearly every aspect of the product. You’ll see this clearly in our new navigation centered around Collections and Communities. Collections let you immerse yourself in content about topics like surfing (goo.gl/vvv5QD) or tiny tilt-shift photography scenes (goo.gl/nWyicL) . Communities enable groups of people with the same interests to join up and geek out on anything from Game of Thrones (goo.gl/aaqtgq) to Painting (goo.gl/kmlM7m). With Collections and Communities, discovering amazing things is simple: just follow or join whatever happens to pique your interests.
But we didn’t stop with Collections and Communities; the new Google+ also makes it easier to post, search, connect, and keep up with great content in a fully redesigned home stream. And we’ve worked hard to make our new web experience load fast and work beautifully on devices of all sizes.
You can preview the new Google+ on the web today by signing in and clicking “Let’s go” when you see the prompt. (And since not every feature of Google+ has made its way into this new design, for now, you can toggle back to the classic Google+ with one click in the bottom left-hand corner.) In the coming days, we’ll roll out updated apps for Android and iOS.
While this is an exciting new beginning for us, we’re definitely not done yet. We got here by listening and learning, and will continue doing so. Please visit our Help Center (goo.gl/gWsFeh) or drop us a line in our support community (goo.gl/eMFVj) to share your thoughts, questions, and more.
- Florida International UniversityBA Environmental Science, 1994 - 1996
- ClouderaSr. Technical Sourcer, 2015 - presentUnaccept the Status Quo at Cloudera. Cloudera is leading the industry in Big Data. Our chief architect, Doug Cutting, partnered with Google to create Hadoop. Cloudera was the 1st to commercialize it. At Cloudera we want to help the world Ask Bigger Questions. We work alongside the Open Source community to do things with data that have never been done, on a scale and at a speed that no one has ever seen. And...we are hiring...if interested in Customer Operations Engineering positions, you know where to find me... :)
- CareeradexCo-founder, Social Media & CI Lead, 2012 - 2015I lead the social media and competitive intelligence efforts, as well as advising companies and people on best practices in online branding. I also am the Chief Infosourcer for candidate sourcing for Careeradex's recruiting efforts.
- GlassdoorTalent Sourcer, 2014 - 2014Glassdoor is one of those sites with whom EVERY employer and candidate alike need to connect. Our Mission? To help people everywhere find jobs and companies they love. "Do you believe that where you work matters? We do. In fact, we obsess over helping people find the jobs and companies they'll love. We do this by providing rich, transparent content to our users so they can make better career decisions. In turn, lots of companies love Glassdoor because we help them hire the best talent.
- Lab126Talent Pipeline Lead, 2014 - 2014Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile, portable, hand-held consumer electronics products, such as the Kindle family of products, Fire TV and the brand new Fire Phone. For this high-impact, high-volume, short-term technical sourcing assignment, I was responsible for the technical and engineering talent pipeline efforts for the Digital Products division of Amazon/Lab 126.
- MicrosoftSocial Technologies Specialist, 2012 - 2012I was recruited into Microsoft to evaluate, recommend and train on social technology tools for Microsoft Server Tools Business (STB) employment branding, community building and talent attraction.
- Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu LimitedSocial Media/Digital Marketing Manager, Deloitte Analytics, 2010 - 2012Responsible for Global Deloitte Analytics (DA) social media and digital marketing plan and tactics to educate and communicate the DA initiative to internal and external audiences, which includes the use of social media channels.
- Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu LimitedGlobal Online Communications Manager, 2009 - 2010I was responsible for working with Deloitte member firms in 54 countries and communicating and deploying DTT’s global online communications strategy using various outlets including Social Media.
- Deloitte LLPInternet Research Manager, 2007 - 2009Recruited by the Talent Acquisition team at Deloitte LLP, where some of my tasks included: ● Sourcing passive and active candidates using internet research tools ● Evaluating and recommending search tools to management and team members ● Business & competitive intelligence ● Managing a team of two US-based and 2 India-based researchers ● Training colleagues on how to use social networks to connect with passive candidates ● Helped launch a Sourcing-focused SalesForce.com CRM ● Keeping the information flowing throughout the organization in a timely manner.
- Infosourcer's blog (current)
Safety Check – a new Facebook tool that hopefully you’ll never have to use
If you were caught up in the middle of a tsunami or an earthquake, I certainly hope your first thought wouldn't be to reach to your smartpho
Here are the World's 100 Most InDemand Employers [INFOGRAPHIC]
Today at Talent Connect San Francisco, we were excited to announce the 2014 Most InDemand Employer Rankings. This is our third annual rankin
The Salesforce 'mafia': CEOs of Okta, Veeva, Zuora, and more speak out
Baby Benioffs everywhere!
Geeky Stuffs: How to Use the Hashtags on Google Plus - The Do's and Don'...
How to Use the Hashtags on Google Plus - The Do's and Don'ts (Infographic)
Baby squillo dei Parioli, spunta una telefonata di Floriani: "Ci vediamo...
Rese note alcune intercettazioni che incastrerebbero il marito di Alessandra Mussolini. Nuovo arresto per Ieni: "Sfruttava altre ragazze". D
Book TV in Bellingham, Washington - C-SPAN Video Library
C-SPAN's Local Content Vehicles (LCVs) made a stop in their "2013 LCV Cities Tour" in Bellingham, Washington, from December 9-12 to feature
Diigo - Web Highlighter and Sticky Notes, Online Bookmarking and Annotat...
Diigo is a powerful research tool and a knowledge-sharing community
Why a Twitter Music App Will Score Well | Gadget Lab | Wired.com
At first glance, Twitter’s entry into the music business today may be a bit of a head-scratcher. The service had barely launched before peop