Speaker, Adjunct Professor and Veteran Marketer passionate about applying social analytics to marketing strategy & building a social workforce.
- Brands that thrive and profit from employee and customer empowerment generate significantly greater awareness and revenues, while also decreasing costs of marketing, selling and customer service. However, employees must engage in public, real-time conversations. And most people are not professional communicators.
- Enabling employees and partners in modern business requires new skills, business processes, governance, measurement, and infrastructure. In addition, leaders must learn new ways of managing risk, while helping employees build and manage external relationships in real-time. Nearly every industry is affected, and this book provides frameworks, guidelines and case studies for people to navigate the change for their organization.
Manager of Enterprise Social Strategy & Programs at IBM where I specialize in Digital & Social Influence Marketing Strategy. I’m dedicated to evolving marketing as a practice, articulating the benefits of integrating social influence programs to foster long-term, high value relationships with clients, prospects, partners, colleagues, and communities.
I have established the C.O.R.E. (Cross functional, On-going Research & Engagement) Social Marketing practice in partnership with the IBM Market Insights team. I’m currently working to roll out this social marketing methodology based on social “listening” research, strategic engagement roadmap and social intelligence platform to accelerate execution effectiveness. I have developed informed engagement and workforce enablement programs to ensure teams of marketing and technology professionals are aligned to share their subject matter expertise, effectively engage and build influence in on-line communities to drive business outcomes. I work with many IBM Teams and External Agencies.
Prior to joining IBM, I led the development of global marketing programs for both B2B & Consumer brands across various industries including Financial Services, Media & Entertainment and Retail Distribution.
I share my views about B2B Social Media Marketing Strategy and what it takes to Build a Social Brand on my blog at www.susanemerick.com
I use social technologies to collaborate with colleagues and partners across the globe.
- Michigan State UniversitySchool of Communications Arts & Sciences; School of Advertising, 1983 - 1987
- Brands Rising, LLCCEO & Founder, 2014 - presentStrategic advisor: social media analytics, influencer engagement & employee advocacy.
- IBMWW Power Systems Portfolio Marketing, 2016 - presentLeading overall product marketing strategy for Power Systems to advance systems of record workloads and provide clients solutions to transform big data and analytics, cloud and mobile into competitive advantage in the era of cognitive computing.
- IBMManager, Enterprise Social Strategy & Programs, 1996 - 2014I am responsible for leading the development and deployment of the enterprise social strategy, standards, governance, education, training, analytics and measurement frameworks required for the continuous improvement of IBM brand channels on external social media, as well as the continuous improvement of the collective activities of IBMers who share their expertise on external social media. I established the IBM Select Social Eminence program, which provides Social Business Managers across the enterprise a repeatable model to enable Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and Thought Leaders to effectively build reputation & influence in support of IBM’s business imperatives globally.
- The Most Powerful Brand on EarthAuthor, 2013 - 2013How to Transform Teams, Empower Employees, Integrate Partners and Mobilize Customers to Beat the Competition in Digital and Social Media
- HandelmanBrand ManagerBrand management for children's video division which encompassed over 100 titles. Primary product responsibility was marketing of Thomas the Tank Engine & FriendsTM brand, a premier product line
- Gale ResearchDirect Marketing ManagerMarketing and strategic planning of Gale reference product line published for K-12 School Library Market.
- ComericaDirect Marketing ManagerManaging all aspects of direct marketing programs for the financial institution, including creative direction and development, database management, list selection and prospecting, print production, fulfillment and campaign performance.
- Campbell-EwaldAccount SupervisorLiaison to client on cooperative advertising program. This program supported retail accounts nationwide. Programs involved quarterly planning of media placement, national television and point of sale production.
- Bozell WorldwideAccount ExecutiveClient liaison responsible for direction and administration on the Chrysler account.
- Eric Mower & AssociatesAccount CoordinatorAssociate client contact responsible for direction and administration on the Endicott Johnson Shoe account.
- gmail.com (current)
- Building a Social Brand (current)
- WOMMA Influencer Guide Book 2013 (current)
- Thoughts on establishing a branded blog (current)
- Defining your social strategy (current)
- Social Business Transformation (current)
- Targeted Social Media Engagement (current)
- About: Susan Emerick (current)
- The Most Powerful Brand on Earth (current)