We are pleased to announce the latest release of SunPy - 0.6.0 "Thesis".
The major changes in this release are:
* Most functions throughout the SunPy code base now expect Astropy Quantity objects, and return Astropy Quantity objects.
* Python 2.6 support has ended, we do not expect this release to work under Python 2.6.
* Sample data has been removed from SunPy but helpers for downloading sample data have been added to sunpy.data.
* TimeRange has a new property based API, e.g. start and end are now properties.
* SunPy colormaps are now registered with matplotlib, allowing their use from imshow and similar functions after the import of sunpy.cm
* Solar rotation calculation functionality has been added, along with functionality to de-rotate MapCubes.