Hear the rest of the story here: http://bit.ly/otter2monthssubmerged
#calltoserve #veterans #veteransday #veteransday2014
- Norfolk State UniversityHistory, 2009 - 2010
- Coastline Community CollegeVocational Education, 2007 - 2009
- George Washington UniversityHuman Resource Development, 2012 - 2013
Your military career and service to your country makes you a valuable talent commodity to any organization. I help military professionals get their career transitions on track. Our course graduates get hired faster, find better jobs and get better compensation. I provide assistance to people in finding their career fit in today's job market.
I've helped many transitioning military who are:
Frustrated with sending out resumes and not getting any traction.
Faced with job prospects that they have no desire to work.
Unsure of their next career.
In need of assistance in drafting a coherent marketing plan.
Often, we help people to change their career:
JOB INTERVIEW TRAINING-- learn how to be confident at your next interview, provide positive answers to challenging questions, dressing for success, show you're a good fit and skillfully handle salary issues.
Extensive experience as a Career Transition Counselor.I have played a key role in facilitating the self-appraisal of Sailors, which greatly enhanced their career decisions. I also gained a reputation throughout key organizations for the ability to coach both senior executive and junior personnel in setting a personalized transition goal plans.I am intimately familiar with Navy and Army COOL, O*NET, the U.S. and International Labor market, public and private sector employment practices.
- Orion International Inc.Military Talent Acquisition, 2013 - presentEXECUTIVE & MILITARY TALENT ACQUISITION •A trusted Military Candidate Recruiter looking to hire Military Professionals who leaving ACTIVE DUTY and transitioning into the PRIVATE SECTOR & looking to connect with military friendly employers & jobs. •Determining and implementing successful career transitions for Active Duty Military & Veterans who come from HIGHLY TECHNICAL MILITARY FIELDS for jobs after the military such as: + ENGINEERS + ELECTRONICS TECHNICIANS + ELECTRICIANS + NAVAL NUCLEAR TRAINED PROFESSIONALS + VEHICLE & AIRCRAFT MECHANICS •Maintaining ongoing relationships with Transition Assistance Program and Transition GPS graduates not currently within their separation window. •Presenting veterans jobs opportunities to candidates and FORTUNE 500, FORTUNE 1000 & INDUSTRY LEADING companies who are hiring veterans to be Managers, Supervisors & Technicians for lucrative and meaningful jobs & career opportunities. •Preparing and debriefing candidates who are military transitioning and have a desire to make an IMPACT, have Professional GROWTH, a will to help BUILD/CREATE a successful team or have an ENTREPRENEURIAL spirit. •Providing effective job coaching and job advice to candidates throughout the client interview process to include counteroffers and job transition. •Conducting follow-up activities with candidates to ensure candidate satisfaction throughout their career transition.
- Zeiders EnterprisesCareer Transition Educator, 2010 - 2013• ABILITY TO INFLUENCE WITHOUT AUTHORITY- I created individualized attention and custom-tailored solutions to identify stakeholders' ideal job & career paths. Coached clients through the use of LinkedIn and other Social Media in their Job Search (e.g. new industry/career path, re-entering the work force, new grads, returning vets, non-traditional students) that resulted in employment. • VISIONARY LEADERSHIP- I partnered with University Career Services Directors to create an innovative Education Panel Breakout session, providing a pathway to success for 2000+ potential students’ knowledge of college & vocational choices. • EXECUTIVE LEVEL COACHING EXPERIENCE – As a trusted advisor, I coached Senior military professionals in the Executive TAP and Ruehlin Seminar graduates to identify a career path or job interest, issues and obstacles in the job search process, developing confidence in their skills and communications, and creating an action plan to achieve success in today's job market. . • BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ACUMEN- Developed 30+ partnerships with global and regional business, marketing and education representatives using Social Media to identify areas where proper marketing could contribute to Veterans’ transitioning career and job opportunities. • DIVERSIFIED RECRUITING & STAFFING EXPERIENCE- I created a global Social Media career management coaching and training approach that resulted in the personal and professional development of 3000+ in a way that contributed to jobs for vets. • I consistently evaluated the career management skills of military personnel and implemented solutions such as the aggressive use of Social Media in order to support them. • I’m often regarded by Hiring Decision Makers and Job Seekers alike as the LinkedIn Expert, as well as Twitter and various Social Media Networks. I possess a strong knowledge of career marketing strategies, both within the Federal and Corporate labor markets.
- National Training Inc.Regional Admissions Officer, 2009 - 2010•I served as the first Advisor for admitted and continuing students’ academic needs; questions and job concerns; and to assist them throughout their academic career management and Social Media branding with planning, completion of requirements, submission of appropriate forms and information. •As the Regional Student Advisor for all National Training students, I created a system of consistent communications with those affiliated with military service specifically. I ensured their success by managing all processes and activities surrounding the use of military education benefits & job prospects. •I assisted 200+ students with orientation and preparation for successful time management of Commercial Driving Licensing and Heavy Equipment Operator skills certification and coached them to find job & career success. •Served as liaison to other units such as the Navy and Air Force Transition Assistance Programs to support students’ training for a job and techniques how to find work. •Promptly and proactively responded to and communicated with 2000+ students utilizing strong verbal and Social Media communication skills. •Ensured that students were properly training for companies and marketing themselves for success in global and regional employment opportunities using Social Media. •Participated in planning, implementation and evaluation of the career advising program’s goals and marketing objectives for all stakeholders especially with regards to Social Media. •Vigorously promoted the interrelationship between all stakeholders including management, academic advising, externships, and recruitment events, members of the Career Development Office. I was also a liaison with faculty, alumni, and administrators on a regular basis. •Met with 200+ students on a regular basis; communicating job opportunities and advice in-person, by phone, and by e-mail. I created programs, services, and materials that assisted students and alumni in developing effective job search skills
- United States Navy