Tipperary Station School blog is a great example of how a blog can be used connect students with classes in other countries and to connect students with content experts.
Check out their blog to find out how they use it to participate in a global education.
Our new cloner tool lets you copy all posts, pages, images, settings, plugins, options, theme and widgets from one blog to a completely new blog.
Cloner is perfect for testing theme changes, making updates to sites without having to make changes on a live site and for quickly moving content to a new site.
Have a favorite that we missed or anything to add? Let us know! Or tell us about your favorite desktop or photo editing app!
Key points that work for our company include:
1. Priortising which social media networks are the most important for what we are trying to achieve.
2. Social media strategy for each network e.g. type of content we share on each, how often we share
3. Monitoring engagement on each to help identify effectiveness which helps guides improvements
Other important trends to be aware of are content creation and content curation. For those with tablets I recommend the Flipboard app and subscribe to 'Why Curate' Flipboard magazine. Great source for latest articles on content marketing, social media and content curation for businesses.
Another important ingredient is working out the information that would help others while also enabling you to connect with them. In your situation since you are promoting Perth networking I would think about sharing helpful tips to help small businesses network with the occassional tips about buying and selling homes.
In terms of posting frequency our policy is a few times a week for Facebook, several times a day in Google + and every 2 hours in Twitter (weekdays). Differences in frequency based on how people use the different platforms. PS we can get away with the high Twitter posting due to high followerer numbers (i.e. you also need to look at your network and their activity to decide).
Linkedin isn't something I've needed to focus much on due to the nature of our business so am interested if any one has some tips on how they use.
- Edublogs.orgEdublogs Support Manager, 2008 - presentProvides help and assistance to educators using blogs and technology with their students.
- WPMU DEVDocumentation writer, 2008 - presentWrites how-to documentation on WordPress, WordPress Multisite, BuddyPress and WordPress plugins.
- Challenger Institute of TechnologyFish Farming lecturer, 1995 - 2011
I'm Australian based in Perth whose passionate about helping others learn how to use web technologies.
My technology use has changed considerably since I was first introduced to it’s potential in 2000; from a LMS (WebCT) to Virtual Classrooms (Elluminate), mobile technologies (spyglasses, PDAs, iPods) and Web 2.0 (blogs, wikis etc).
This passion has lead to my transition from aquaculture lecturer, to facilitating professional development workshops on elearning and web 2.0 technologies to my current role working for Edublogs as Edublogs Support Manager and as a documentation writer on WordPress for WPMU DEV .
- University of Western AustraliaBotany, Biochemistry and Microbiology, 1982 - 1985