The Subsurface development team proudly announces the release 4.5 of Subsurface. This release cycle was a bit longer than we had initially planned, but we think the result was certainly worth the wait. Some of the new additions since Subsurface 4.4:
- Additional ways to store divelogs. Subsurface cloud storage is now available for a user’s dive data. Now it’s simple to call up your data from any computer running Subsurface, protected with a user name and password. You can even access your data via the web.
- Dives now reference to dive sites, making it easier to maintain a set of set of sites that can be used again when the user repeatedly dives at the same location. Notes and descriptions of dive sites can now be added as well.
- GPS data can be used to look up the closest body of water, country, or city
- Improved print support, letting users customize formats for printing
- Improved Bluetooth device support
- VPM-B support for dive planning, giving users a choice of deco algorithms (now works with both Buhlmann ZH16 and VPM-B)
- Recreational dive planner mode which computes the remaining bottom time for a diver that avoids mandantory decompression stops and stays within the given amount of gas
- Improved support for freediving
- Improved image import and management
- Partial Undo/Redo functionality added
Binaries are available for Windows, Mac, and a number of Linux flavors (Ubuntu, Debian, Linux Mint, Fedora, and openSUSE).
Please take a look at our Downloads page (https://subsurface-divelog.org/download/
) for details.