I am not a big fan of zombie movies or TV--but World War Z was a excellent horror/adventure novel and the movie looks like it lives up to the book's promise.
13 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- Looks very different from the book, however. Inevitable, given the book's format.Nov 10, 2012
- As far as I could find out the movie only has the name in common with the book ... everything else was apparently changed completely.
"... Is this film based on a book? No, while the book and movie share the same name the movie in it's current state is only resembling the book in name. The plot is completely changed ... "Nov 10, 2012
- Haven't read the book but have heard great things about it... and the movie preview looks really good!Nov 10, 2012
- I saw the trailer yesterday - they filmed the scenes(can see in the the trailer, where Brad Pitt was sitting in the car and the garbage truck smashed through all the queued traffic) in Glasgow (Scotland) - it's weird how even though I pass through that street daily it still looks like a US street.....Nov 10, 2012
- No kidding? Had you not told me I would never have guessed that wasn't in
New York!! Movie magic!!Nov 10, 2012
- Actually the aerial scenes around the 1 minute mark (where you see crowds running across a square) are also in Glasgow.... https://maps.google.co.uk/?ll=55.86169,-4.251059&spn=63.872461,199.6875&t=v&z=3&layer=c&panoid=sze-iDuj2A6sxFazpPTsnw&cbll=55.86169,-4.251059&cbp=13,-210.73387704911622,,0,1.031324031235627Nov 10, 2012
- I frickin love Street View!! Travel the world from my phone ;) thanks for
sharing that! Would love to visit there someday!Nov 10, 2012
- See above. The movie and the book supposedly only have the name in common ... as always when a movie is based on a book and they change the story too drastically, the ones who have read the book before seeing the movie might end up being disappointed ... Just sayin'. Let's hope I am wrong ...Nov 11, 2012
Add a comment...