Nov 14, 2017
Here's what to do to keep your company's IT up and running when a hurricane comes roaring your way.
23 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- "We're a $4 billion a year company that won't spend a few $100K for proper equipment". That's pretty much the whole of it. And that's also why Indian IT companies are quite successful, regardless of their results.1w
- Sand bags, lots of sand bags! That's you're budget, sorry!1w
- "Can't you just back everything up on a thumb drive?"
-Actual statement said to me at a prior job1w
- "There aren't hands big enough."
- , hopefully1w
- Nods. I've heard that one too. And, much earlier, can't you just back the servers up to the Iomega Zip drive? (Uh, no.)1w
- Anyone can do the Disaster, the Recovery is another thing...1w
- In the absence of a good DR plan, the Lagavulin sounds a lot better than crying in a damp corner...1w
- Don't confuse a disaster recovery plan with data recovery. You need to know how to protect your data off-site. Data recovery can only be a last ditch effort and cannot be relied upon to work 100% of the time. Know what to do if disaster strikes!4d