You know, I really don't care for Windows 8 much, but as I explained in this story I did see it having one spot where it might shine: On business tablets where Active Directory (AD) support would make it a natural for Windows shops and for companies that are taking a jaundiced view of the whole "bring your own device" (BYOD) movement. Well, guess what MSFT isn't putting in its tablets? AD.
12 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 15 previous comments
- My apologies, I never really used Mac before OS X. I know OS X and Linux are very similar, but I had never really used Unix or older versions of Mac. Everything I read says that Mac kernel, Darwin, is a heavily modded Unix-like kernel. They were probably talking about OS X when I took it to mean Mac in general.Apr 23, 2012
- Could still be a goose ;-))Apr 23, 2012
- Ah I see the Pedantic masses collect everywhere not just on Farcebook.
Here is the definition of "BASED"
IT applies both ways so get over itApr 23, 2012
- BEEP! Enough with the semantic argunents already. If you want to argue over this kind of stuff take it to your own circles. Thanks.Apr 23, 2012
- Steven, I take issue with your use of the word "semantic..." JUST KIDDING! ;-)Apr 23, 2012
- Where did I put that ban hammer, I saw it here just a minute ago. :-)Apr 23, 2012