20-milllion new users? Sure. But, Mark Shuttleworth tells me he expects 20-million Ubuntu PCs to be sold in the next 12-months--and how Canonical will do it.
11 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 9 previous comments
- Ha. Fair enough. But I'm sticking by what I said. Civilians need to try before they buy.Apr 13, 2012
- I agree: Individuals, especially enthusiasts, need to bring a live CD with them into the stores and insist they have a chance to boot their OS of choice before making a purchase.Apr 13, 2012
- Agreed.Apr 13, 2012
- I (really!) wish GNU/Linux success. And this goes to Ubuntu as well. I use it (a derivate, in fact, but thanks Ubuntu and Debian!).
And remember, Mark, to be successful you guys have to solve some problems as mic working with Skype for good ;-)Apr 14, 2012
- Why are you using Skype, a Microsoft product, instead of something like Ekiga with Ubuntu?Apr 14, 2012
- GOOD QUESTION! But the problem is that the people I need to contact is registered only in the "blue" VoIP program. Let's move all to Ekiga ;-)Apr 15, 2012