- BloomerangVP of Marketing, 2013 - presentBloomerang helps nonprofit organizations to reach, engage and retain the advocates they depend on to achieve their vision for a better world. Our cloud-based solution is rooted in principles of philanthropy, simple to use and focused on empowering your team to achieve remarkable results through enhanced donor loyalty.
- digitalrelevance™Community Manager / Senior Marketing Associate, 2012 - 2013digitalrelevance™ (formerly Slingshot SEO) earns web traffic and conversions from your industry's top online media outlets, communities, social influencers and search engines by executing irresistible content marketing and digital PR. Steven was responsible for the overall corporate online presence (website, blog, social media) with an emphasis on lead generation, digital PR and content creation.
- BCforwardDigital Media / Communications Specialist, 2010 - 2012BCforward is a minority owned IT consulting and staffing firm headquartered in Indianapolis with offices in 17 states, Russia, India and China. The company was founded in 1998 and is currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Steven managed the communications department and is responsible for internal communications and training, integrated marketing and social media.
- CMC Media GroupInternet Manager / General Manager, 2006 - 2010CMC Media Group is a full-service new-media development firm, specializing in high-definition video production, web-content production and consulting. WBE Certified. Steven managed creative direction and coordinated communication between client, in-house production and sales staff from project start to completion. He also maintained the corporate web and social media presence, and was the lead developer on several strategic web-based initiatives.
- Bloomerang (current)
- Nonprofit Hub (current)
- Social Media Today (current)
- Business 2 Community (current)
- Search Engine Journal (current)
- Content Marketing Institute (current)
- Raven Tools (current)
- Steven Shattuck (current)
- Castleton Christian Church (current)
- digitalrelevance (past)
- Slingshot SEO (past)
- 12 Stars Media (past)
- ExactTarget (current)
- Formstack (current)
- Element Three (current)
- HubSpot (current)
- Ball State UniversityTelecommunications / English, 2003 - 2006
- University of ToledoFilm, 2002 - 2003
4 Things Nonprofit Social Media Efforts Need But Might Not Have
Whether you're just starting out or already have an established social media presence, here are four items that every nonprofit should have:
Normcore and the Dangers of Trendchasing in Content Marketing
Trends are important in content marketing, but fads can spell danger. Here's what fads like normcore mean for brands trying to engage audien
4 Reasons Why Your Next Executive Director Must Embrace Fundraising
New executive directors must not only have experience in fundraising but must also embrace it as the top priority of the new role. Here's wh
The power of the Google Plus Community: the #PlusTheZuck case study! - P...
This is a review of a campaign run with the Google+ community to track and observe how messages spread, and change, over a short space of ti
Reasons Why Your Donor Database Should Be Used By Multiple Employees
The day-to-day work of managing fundraising efforts often falls to one person who is the sole user of the NPO's donor database or CRM softwa
Google Analytics Data Now Accessible From Your Google+ Page Dashboard - ...
Daniel Waisberg, Analytics Advocate at Google, broke the news on his Google+ page yesterday that Google Analytics data can now be viewed fro
4 Declining Technologies That Nonprofits Should Stop Worrying About
Discarding any outdated strategies that may no longer be working for you is a good exercise. Here are four technologies that nonprofits shou
LinkedIn Publishing | Rise of the Borrowed Platform | Social Media Today
LinkedIn's publishing platform underscores the emergence of three main areas of focus for content distribution.
The LEGO Movie: content marketing triumph or 100 minute advert?
You really don’t need me to tell you that there’s a LEGO movie out right now. It’s impossible to ignore.
How to Win Some Pro Bono Marketing Help For Your Nonprofit
If you want to try to win a pro-bono marketing award for your non-profit, there are a few specific things you can do that will help:
Chevy's Ad Campaign and Digital Personas | Social Media Today
Chevrolet recently debuted a hashtag-driven campaign, #THENEW. The accompanying 60-second ad, debuting during the Opening Ceremonies of the
Proper Data Migration: The Key To Fundraising Success
Proper data migration is the key to a getting off on the right foot with your new donor management system. Here's why:
Social Network Valuation for Nonprofits | Social Media Today
With all of the available social networks available to nonprofit marketers and fundraisers, it can be hard to appropriately allocate resourc
[VIDEO] Jay Love on the Nonprofit Hub Webinar Series
Our own Jay Love was a recent guest on the Nonprofit Hub webinar series. In case you missed it, you can watch the full presentation here.