- BloomerangVP of Marketing, 2013 - presentBloomerang helps nonprofit organizations to reach, engage and retain the advocates they depend on to achieve their vision for a better world. Our cloud-based donor management application is rooted in principles of philanthropy, simple to use and focused on empowering your team to achieve remarkable results through enhanced donor loyalty.
- digitalrelevance™Community Manager / Senior Marketing Associate, 2012 - 2013digitalrelevance™ (formerly Slingshot SEO) earns web traffic and conversions from your industry's top online media outlets, communities, social influencers and search engines by executing irresistible content marketing and digital PR. Steven was responsible for the overall corporate online presence (website, blog, social media) with an emphasis on lead generation, digital PR and content creation.
- BCforwardDigital Media / Communications Specialist, 2010 - 2012BCforward is a minority owned IT consulting and staffing firm headquartered in Indianapolis with offices in 17 states, Russia, India and China. The company was founded in 1998 and is currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Steven managed the communications department and is responsible for internal communications and training, integrated marketing and social media.
- CMC Media GroupInternet Manager / General Manager, 2006 - 2010CMC Media Group is a full-service new-media development firm, specializing in high-definition video production, web-content production and consulting. WBE Certified. Steven managed creative direction and coordinated communication between client, in-house production and sales staff from project start to completion. He also maintained the corporate web and social media presence, and was the lead developer on several strategic web-based initiatives.
- Bloomerang (current)
- Nonprofit Hub (current)
- Social Media Today (current)
- Business 2 Community (current)
- LinkedIn (current)
- Search Engine Journal (current)
- Technorati (current)
- Content Marketing Institute (current)
- Raven Tools (current)
- digitalrelevance (past)
- Slingshot SEO (past)
- 12 Stars Media (past)
- ExactTarget (current)
- Formstack (current)
- Element Three (current)
- HubSpot (current)
- Steven Shattuck (current)
- Castleton Christian Church (current)
- Ball State UniversityTelecommunications / English, 2003 - 2006
- University of ToledoFilm, 2002 - 2003
[VIDEO] An Introduction to Crisis Management for Nonprofits
Brian Goldthorpe recently joined us for a webinar in which he discussed the importance of crisis management for nonprofits. You can watch a
AuthorRank Isn’t Real (Yet) So Don’t Worry About It (Too Much)
Over the last 18 or so months, AuthorRank has been a hot topic in the SEO and content marketing circles. As with anything new and exciting i
[VIDEO] Turn Your Nonprofit CEO Into An Expert Fundraiser
Susan Axelrod, CFRE PFR recently joined us for an episode of Bloomerang TV in which she shared ways to help your nonprofit CEO become an exp
[VIDEO] Crisis Communication & PR for Nonprofits
Brian Goldthorpe, President of Privileged Communication recently joined us for an episode of Bloomerang TV for a chat about NPO crisis commu
R.I.P. LinkedIn Company Page Products Tab | Social Media Today
Recently, LinkedIn announced that it would be removing the Products & Services tab from all LinkedIn Company Pages effective April 14, 2014.
Take Advantage of Twitter’s New Layout | Social Media Today
Tweets that are shared often now get more page real estate and appear larger on a Twitter account’s timeline. Brands looking to attract more
Why Going Digital Might Not Save Your Annual Report
The Salvation Army recently switched to an all-digital annual report - but was the medium really to blame for poor performance?
What 'We Can't Afford Fundraising Software' Really Costs You
Not using fundraising software lets you avoid the cost of the service, but may cost you more money in the long run.
If Your Donor Data Isn’t Getting Better, It’s Getting Worse
The problem that every nonprofit faces is that data degrades, and donor data degrades faster than most. So what’s going on?
[FREE DOWNLOAD] Nonprofit Social Media Strategy Template
You can use this Nonprofit Social Media Strategy Template to manage your social media posting schedule, formulate a content strategy and set
How #cloud computing will single-handedly save the nonprofit sector
The age of cloud-computing might also be a golden age for the third sector.
Dr. Adrian Sargeant's 7 Principles of Donor Loyalty - Bloomerang
Charities that get straight A's in seven things reap the rich rewards of contented donors. Dr. Here are Adrian Sargeant's principles of dono