- BloomerangVP of Marketing, 2013 - presentBloomerang helps nonprofit organizations to reach, engage and retain the advocates they depend on to achieve their vision for a better world. Our cloud-based donor management application is rooted in principles of philanthropy, simple to use and focused on empowering your team to achieve remarkable results through enhanced donor loyalty.
- digitalrelevance™Community Manager / Senior Marketing Associate, 2012 - 2013digitalrelevance™ (formerly Slingshot SEO) earns web traffic and conversions from your industry's top online media outlets, communities, social influencers and search engines by executing irresistible content marketing and digital PR. Steven was responsible for the overall corporate online presence (website, blog, social media) with an emphasis on lead generation, digital PR and content creation.
- BCforwardDigital Media / Communications Specialist, 2010 - 2012BCforward is a minority owned IT consulting and staffing firm headquartered in Indianapolis with offices in 17 states, Russia, India and China. The company was founded in 1998 and is currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Steven managed the communications department and is responsible for internal communications and training, integrated marketing and social media.
- CMC Media GroupInternet Manager / General Manager, 2006 - 2010CMC Media Group is a full-service new-media development firm, specializing in high-definition video production, web-content production and consulting. WBE Certified. Steven managed creative direction and coordinated communication between client, in-house production and sales staff from project start to completion. He also maintained the corporate web and social media presence, and was the lead developer on several strategic web-based initiatives.
- Bloomerang (current)
- Nonprofit Hub (current)
- Social Media Today (current)
- Business 2 Community (current)
- LinkedIn (current)
- Search Engine Journal (current)
- Technorati (current)
- Content Marketing Institute (current)
- Raven Tools (current)
- digitalrelevance (past)
- Slingshot SEO (past)
- 12 Stars Media (past)
- ExactTarget (current)
- Formstack (current)
- Element Three (current)
- HubSpot (current)
- Steven Shattuck (current)
- Castleton Christian Church (current)
- Ball State UniversityTelecommunications / English, 2003 - 2006
- University of ToledoFilm, 2002 - 2003
New Data Reveals How Nonprofits Are Segmenting Their Communications
Read through some new data that unveils how nonprofits use segmentation, and what struggles they're up against.
Vic Gundotra, The Father Of Google+, Is Leaving Google After 8 Years | T...
Vic Gundotra, the father of Google+, today announced that he is leaving Google after eight years with the company. It's unclear where he is
The Secret to Creating a Nonprofit CEO Fundraising Machine
If you are a desperate CDO (chief development officer) or a drowning CEO, I’ll spare you the anxiety of waiting for the answer to the secret
What the Nike+ FuelBand Can Teach Us About Donor Engagement
The Nike+ FuelBand and donor engagement? There are some surprising comparisons.
[INFOGRAPHIC] Nonprofits and Communication Segmenting
The results of our survey with our friends over at Nonprofit Marketing Guide on how nonprofits are segmenting their online and offline commu
Your Nonprofit's TV Appearance | Social Media Today
Whether it’s the local morning news program or 60 Minutes, going on TV can be an exciting opportunity that will pay dividends if you properl
Donor Retention: It's Not Just A Problem In The United States
The issue of donor retention is not as prevalent or as well known in other parts of the world, especially where philanthropy is still in its
[VIDEO] An Introduction to Crisis Management for Nonprofits
Brian Goldthorpe recently joined us for a webinar in which he discussed the importance of crisis management for nonprofits. You can watch a
AuthorRank Isn’t Real (Yet) So Don’t Worry About It (Too Much)
Over the last 18 or so months, AuthorRank has been a hot topic in the SEO and content marketing circles. As with anything new and exciting i
[VIDEO] Turn Your Nonprofit CEO Into An Expert Fundraiser
Susan Axelrod, CFRE PFR recently joined us for an episode of Bloomerang TV in which she shared ways to help your nonprofit CEO become an exp
[VIDEO] Crisis Communication & PR for Nonprofits
Brian Goldthorpe, President of Privileged Communication recently joined us for an episode of Bloomerang TV for a chat about NPO crisis commu
R.I.P. LinkedIn Company Page Products Tab | Social Media Today
Recently, LinkedIn announced that it would be removing the Products & Services tab from all LinkedIn Company Pages effective April 14, 2014.
Take Advantage of Twitter’s New Layout | Social Media Today
Tweets that are shared often now get more page real estate and appear larger on a Twitter account’s timeline. Brands looking to attract more