- Cowan DeBaets Abrahams & Sheppard LLPPartner, 2013 - present
- MasurLawLawyer, 1994 - 2013
- Sabin, Bermant & GouldLawyer, 1992 - 1994
41 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10010
Steven Masur is a partner at Cowan DeBaets Abrahams & Sheppard LLP. Steve’s practice focuses on business and legal strategy, content and technology contracts, corporate finance, M&A, and general counsel services.
Steve is as passionate about new businesses as he is about artists. Mr. Masur has helped clients create and define a wide array of game-changing new business models and licensing schemes in music, film, video games, mobile, licensing, advertising, media delivery, software and hardware. Steve helps clients organize, write contracts, work out complicated legal and business problems and pursue strategic opportunities. Name just about any new idea and Steve can tell you what happened in similar earlier businesses.
Prior to founding MasurLaw in 1994, Steve was an attorney at Sabin, Bermant & Gould in New York practicing in the cable TV and corporate areas. He served such clients as Advance Publications, Conde Nast Publications, Newhouse Broadcasting Corp. and Eastern Microwave. Mr. Masur graduated from Colby College in 1984, received his J.D. in 1993 from American University in Washington, DC. He is a member of the New York State and District of Columbia bar associations. Mr. Masur serves on a variety of industry associations and corporate boards and lectures regularly on entertainment and technology legal issues and business strategy.
- Ogden High School1980 - 1984
- American University, Washington College of LawInternational Law, 1991 - 1993
- Colby CollegeGovernment / German, 1984 - 1988
- Universitat Salzburg1987 - 1988
- Freie Universitat BerlinLaw, 1991 - 1991