- Schlackman Intellectual Property LawPatent Attorney, 4 - present
- Fotofilosophy Incpresent
- University of Miami Office of General Counsel
- Catalyst Miami
- Multicultural Healthcare Education Foundation
- Worldwide Healthcare Communications
- Dupont Merck Pharmaceutical Co.
1344 Euclid Ave #2 Miami Beach FL 33139
- Duality of Art and Science.Shooting with Fuji X-Pro1. Work in IP Law and E-commerce Development. NYer. Liberal. Atheist.
- Tulane UniversityPolitical Science, 1984 - 1988
- Zicklin School of BusinessMarketing, 1988 - 1991
- New York UniversityHealthcare Management, 2007
- University of Miami School of LawLaw, 2007 - 2010
SEPTEMBER 18 - STEVE SCHLACKMAN - LA CLAVE DE CUBA
Emmanuel Fremin Gallery is proud to announce the first solo exhibition for Miami based artist Steve Schlackman. La Clave de Cuba will open w
Bowie song recorded on the ISS removed from YouTube
Chris Hadfield's Bowie video, recorded while floating on the International Space Station, taken down due to licensing restrictions.
Lawyers Keep New Beatles Album Out of the Public Domain
The Beatles “Bootleg Recordings 1963” should have been free if it were not for a few unnamed lawyers at Apple Records.
The Copyright Office Proposes Resale Royalties for Visual Artists
The copyright Office proposes a change to copyright laws that will allow visual artists to receive royalties every time their original art i
The British Library Releases Over 1 Million Images for Public Use
The British Library has released over a million images onto Flickr Commons for anyone to use, remix and repurpose.
Do I Have Copyright Protection If I Create My Work In Another Country?
Last week, I attended the Contemporary Art Show in Istanbul, Turkey. One night at dinner, I heard a story about how a Turkish photographer h
Art or Vandalism: Banksy, 5Pointz and the Fight for Artistic Expression
In 1974, Norman Mailer wrote, The Faith of Graffiti, one of the first literary works that looked at the origins and importance of graffiti i
What everyone should know about Mission Statements.
Every creative person that is trying to sell his or her work is running a business. It may not be formalized into a separate company, it may
A Google Anti-Piracy Primer: the RIAA and Bittorent Pt. 1
The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) has reached its 25 millionth takedown notice on Google. With their 20 millionth takedow
Taking Photos at Museums – Some Interesting Lessons
A question came up today as I was walking around the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City. People were snapping pictures; others were