89 followers|60,084 views
Works at US OPM
Attended Union Area High School
89 followers|60,084 views
A tribute to a great friend of mine who passed away. RIP Homie you will be forever missed.
Add a comment...
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Now go eat some turkey, watch some football, and take a nap. At least that's my plan.
Add a comment...
Just had #subway for #breakfast. It was good as hell. Steak, egg, and cheese. Yum!
Add a comment...
Everyone have a safe New Year's. The cops are out in full affect so if you drive be careful. You don't want to be one of those idiots on TV. I will sitting at home drinking and watching Dick "The Zombie" Clark drop the ball again.
Add a comment...
• A+ and Network+ Certified • Experience installing, using, and troubleshooting Mac OS X (10.2 - 10.8) and its native applications. • System and Network Administration. • Experience using and setting up Linux based systems. • Test and repair network connectivity and other network administrative troubleshooting. • Ability to use and configure SQL Databases. • Can understand and code in Visual Basic.
- US OPMNetwork Operation Center Technician, 2013 - present• Assisting in presentation of information to management resulting in purchase and installation of hardware, software, and telecommunication equipment. • Managing network performance and maintaining network security. • Ensuring that security procedures are implemented and enforced. • Installing all network software. • Evaluating, developing and maintaining telecommunications systems. • Troubleshooting network problems. • Establishing and implementing network policies, procedures and standards and ensures their conformance with information systems and company’s objectives. • Training users on network operation.
- Verizon CommunicationsCustomer Serice Agent, 2011 - 2013• Part of Verizon’s Global Network and Delivery Assurance Team. • Design, test, and turn up of DS0, DS1, DS3, T-1s, T-3s, digital 56ks, sonet rings, and digital cross connects. • Used Verizon proprietary software to do all design, test, and turn up. Mainly AS400 mainframe terminals and databases created by Telcordia Industries and software made by other outside vendors. • Design and lay out trunk and special service circuits (including the calculation of transmission levels and the specification of equipment setting.) • Designing various voice and data circuits, trunks and other company records to perform work required to prepare or direct the preparation of circuit orders and circuit layout records for field forces. • Interface with other organizations i.e., IOF, OSP, and marketing throughout the provisioning process in order to facilitate an accurate design. • Providing technical consultation to field and central office technicians in connection with special services, switched services, and hi-capacity services. • Utilize evolving technology including fiber, digital loop carrier, broadband and SONET systems to accomplish work assignment. • Performing root cause analysis and initiate corrective actions when process failures occur. • Monitor bandwidth performance for major customer with DS1, DS3, and network configurations. • Analyzing defects, test, repairs, and maintaining telephone special circuits and equipment in central office by using complex test equipment, computers, and various documents
- The Salvation ArmyIT Help Desk Technician, 2007 - 2011• Answer phone calls and help desk tickets from end users. Handle all questions and determine if these issues can be solved by complex troubleshooting or need to be escalated to higher IT personnel deepening on severity. • Setup new and existing users in Active Directory and Lotus Domino with proper groups and permissions and train them on Lotus Notes e-mail software and databases, Cisco VoIP Phones, basic Windows log on and uses, and on new equipment such as printers, copiers, scanners, fax machines and software usage policies. • Support and Administered multiple server systems including Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2, 2008 R2, Cisco VoIP Phones, Cisco Call Manager (V. 4 & 7), Cisco Unity (V. 4 & 7), Lotus Domino/Notes Groupware Platform (V. 6.5, 7, & 8), Microsoft Systems Management Server 2003, Symantec Anti-Virus Server 10.2, Sophos Endpoint Security and Data Protection 9.0, and Microsoft Windows Software Update Server 3.0. • Using both Microsoft SMS 2003 and WSUS 3.0 to specify which systems are missing security patches and need updating, also pushing new software out to clients. • Use, install, and troubleshoot Microsoft Office 2003/2007 systems and train users on new features of Office 2007. • Responsible for development, supervision, maintenance and support for the Local Area Network (LAN) at Divisional Headquarters and Wide Area Network (WAN) through out Western Pennsylvania Division • Troubleshoot a variety of issues on the Windows XP, Vista, and 7 platforms from basic log on issues, software and hardware errors, and severe malfunctions of computer equipment. • Setup new and existing users on Blackberry devices using BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server). Train new users on proper use of Blackberry devices. • Configure, ship, and install divisional computers. Ensuring that the appropriate users and user access privileges are set up on each computer according to domain policy, the necessary applications are installed and functional, and that the equipment is deployed in a timely manner. Also responsible for all shipping and receiving of computer equipment and correctly applying asset tags on each piece of equipment making sure they are inventoried in our computer equipment database. • Assisted with network (Wired & Wireless) setup, configuration, and troubleshooting. • Travel out into the field to assist with field repairs, upgrades, and maintenance when necessary. • Assisted in setup and administration of VMware ESX 3.5 Virtual Server System • Maintained system backups and storage of computer data on LAN and WAN using Symantec Backup Exec 10d and 2012 for Windows Server to a HP Storage Works serial attached tape backup system to minimize loss of data due to malfunction of server and/or individual systems. • Maintain inventory and records of all hardware, software, peripherals, network connections and equipment, licenses, etc. • Was supervisor-in-charge of IT Department when IT Director was out the office and took care of day-to-day operations.
- NotifyLink CorpTechnical Support Specialist, 2003 - 2007• Worked in Technical Support environment and assisted customer with their software (NotifyLink Enterprise Server V 3 & 4). • Helped customers with installation and setup of their software • Assisted customers with wireless device including Blackberries, Pocket PCs, Smart-Phones, Windows Mobile 5 & 6, and Palm OS Based Devices. • Also helped customers troubleshoot networking and connectivity issues. • Experience with Microsoft SQL 2000 and 2005. • Duties included troubleshooting Microsoft Windows Server Networks, Exchange Mail Systems, Novell Netware networks, and GroupWise Mail Systems.
- Pizza Joe's CorpLaborer, 2001 - 2003Cooked food and made deliveries. Worked in the warehouse doing inventory and loading trucks.
I am a cool dude who loves technology and a good time.
- Union Area High School1996 - 2000General
- ITT Technical InstituteComputer Networking Systems, 2001 - 2003• Setup and Configuration of Windows XP Pro, 2000 Pro and Server, 2003 Server, and Linux. • Networking and LAN Security, Network Standards and Protocols, Network Systems. • Management of LAN and WAN Technologies and Applications. • Computer Repair and Troubleshooting.