The Old Post Office, 24 Burnlee Road, Holmfirth, HD9 2PS
Steve has been in e-commerce since 1996, following an early career in Publishing and Management Consultancy.
- Firstly as Managing Director of a number of leading online photo libraries. During this time he took direct responsibility for the website development and oversaw tremendous growth often in excess of 100% pa and was presented with the Queens Award for Export Achievement.
- Secondly as managing Director of the UK's leading independent online seller of digital cameras, when Stephen left to set up WSI in Yorkshire, the company had grown by 70% during the year and was turning over £20m outselling Amazon, e-trader and dabs, in fact outselling everyone except Dixons & Jessops.
Steve's passion is for meeting new clients and seeing a client's bottom line increase as a result a website or a search engine marketing campaign. "It is a joy to meet new people, learn about different industries and to develop online solutions for each client".
- University of East AngliaAccountancy & Computing, 1980 - 1983
- Worksop College1976 - 1978
- Oakwood Comprehensive1971 - 1976
- Staffordshire UniversityBusiness Studies, 1978 - 1980
2014 Yorkshire Life Food & Drink Awards - the winners revealed
We reveal all the winners and highly commended businesses from the 2014 Yorkshire Life Food & Drink Awards at Rudding Park in Harrogate
A Glimpse Into The Future Of Search With Futurist Ramez Naam
In the process of working on the upcoming third edition of The Art of SEO, I had the pleasure of discussing the Future of Search with Ramez
About the YBC Business Networking Lunch Group Bradford, west Yorkshire
Find out about the YBC business networking group that meets at the Midland Hotel Bradford, west Yorkshire
How will the introduction of new gTLDs change the internet?
With new gTLDs due to start appearing on the web, it’s time again for brand owners to stop and think about their domain strategy.
12 usability flaws that are spoiling the mobile web
The mobile web is still a relatively new and rapidly developing medium, but that doesn’t excuse some of the awful user experience issues we’
Why your CEO should be plugged into the social mediasphere
It would be impossible for the modern CEO not to recognise the value of social media in keeping their company at the forefront of their mark
20 ideas to help you push the boss towards digital transformation
Here’s a weird fact for you: your boss is probably the single biggest barrier to transforming your business. If it isn’t the boss, it’s thos
Abandoned basket emails: creative vs. best practice?
When it comes to abandoned baskets, all digital marketers worth their salt should be thinking about how to get their hands on every penny th
How should you respond to awkward customers on social media?
Our social media manager Matt Owen pointed me in the direction of a reasonably heated Twitter spat between Cineworld, the cinema chain, and
10 more examples of brands that have adopted responsive design
Responsive design has proven to be one of the key digital trends of 2013 and is certainly one of the most popular topics on the Econsultancy
Five good and five bad examples of click-to-call mobile CTAs
Local search has the potential to be an important customer acquisition tool for brick-and-mortar businesses, as a recent study found that 43
Smartphone paid search CPCs were 46% cheaper than desktop in Q1: report
Smartphone CPCs in the US are 46% cheaper than desktop at $0.30 and $0.56 respectively, according to Q1 data from Kenshoo.
Five brands that reaped rewards after adopting responsive design
Responsive design is often touted as the future of web design based on little more than a vague sense that it makes websites more user-frien