FTA: The Oscar Pistorius murder trial in South Africa has been simply awful. From the graphic testimonies of eyewitnesses to the raw emotion from the defendant, there hasn't seem to be any respite from the sorrow. And it's hard to watch.
Remind me..never go to Massachusetts. Ever.
"The legislation makes the secret photographing, videotaping, or electronically surveiling of another person's sexual or other intimate parts, whether under or around a person's clothing or when a reasonable person would believe that the person's intimate parts would not be visible to the public, a crime," Patrick's office said in a prepared statement.
- Being a GrandpaGrowing older, but not up., 2008 - present
- US Air ForceICBM/GLCM Operations, 1974 - 1994
- State of South DakotaHR Manager, 1994 - 1995
- Rapid City Journal (Lee Enterprises, Inc.)HR Manager, 1996 - 2001
- Mileage Plus, Inc. (United Airlines)HR Manager, 2001 - 2008
- If your profile is empty or you don't have an avatar picture, I won't circle you.
- If you're here to sell something, I won't circle you.
- If your sterling contribution to a (tech) discussion is "X sucks," I won't circle you (but I will wonder why you're posting on G+ instead of FB).
- If your profile gives me reasons to circle you, I WILL. Bonus points if you indicate in which circles you fit best.
Other important stuff about me:
- It's always five o'clock somewhere.
- Craft beers, good wines, margaritas and mai tais, and Irish whiskey. You're welcome to the rest.
- A good, thick steak, a small, fresh salad, ice cream, and chocolate.
- With changes in latitudes come changes in attitudes. Every time I step off a plane in Hawai'i, I no longer have an attitude. It helps me grow older, without growing up. (H/t to Jimmy Buffett.)
- Bob Marley died too soon. I miss all the songs he never sang.
- Equal-opportunity geek: Android, Apple, Windows—they're all good.
- iTunes sucks on every platform.
- The Oxford comma rocks.
- Los Angeles Dodgers (I bleed Dodger Blue) & Tampa Bay Rays
- MLB in general
- St. Louis Rams, Kansas City Chiefs
- NFL in general
- Los Angeles Lakers, from a distance
- Golf (no, I don't play, sadly)
- NHL in general; LA Kings,Colorado Avalanche, and Tampa Bay Lightning a bit more closely
- I used to be a certified USSF Referee, so I grok the offside law
- University of Missouri (Whiteman AFB)MBA, Personnel Mgmt, 1975 - 1978
- University of California, Los AngelesBA, Psychology, 1969 - 1974
- Enterprise (Redding, CA) HS1967 - 1969
- Ventura (CA) High School1966 - 1969
Man Sues McDonald's for $1.5 Million Because He Didn't Get Enough Napkins
How many napkins are you offered with your order at McDonald's? Well one man is suing the Golden Arches for a lack of napkins after only rec
Frazz by Jef Mallett, January 05, 2014 Via @GoComics
One of the many great comics you can read for free at GoComics.com! Follow us for giveaways & giggles.
Verizon surprises everyone by updating its Moto X to KitKat first
The worst carrier for Android updates turns the trend on its ear.
Amazon's Running a Sale on Everything You Need to Build a PC
If you've always wanted to build a computer, or you just need to upgrade your current rig, Amazon is running a great sale today on a variety
Fritinancy: Selfie Is Oxford Dictionaries Word of the Year
Oxford Dictionaries, the traditional early bird in Word of the Year (WotY) contests, has announced its selection for 2013: selfie. Oxford’s
PDF Shaper is your all-in-one PDF tools collection | Ghacks
Maybe you wanted to extract images from a PDF document, split or merge files, or convert a collection of images to the PDF format for easier
Map Out Your Oven's Hot and Cool Spots with Shredded Coconut
When you set an oven to 350 degrees, for example, there's no guarantee the whole oven is 350 when it's finished preheating. Some parts are w
Xbox One SmartGlass lets you snap apps from your phone
Microsoft has started rolling out an Xbox One version of its SmartGlass app for Windows Phone. While many of the features, including remote
Judge: “NSA exceeded the scope of authorized acquisition continuously”
New declassifed documents show legal arguments over bulk metadata collection.
Google and Microsoft take steps to block Internet search results linked ...
Google revealed today that it has been putting more than 200 people to work in the last three months to develop new technologies to block In
Keep track of everything football with Live Score Addicts - Soccer for A...
While it is certainly possible to read about major matches and events in the newspaper or online, mobile apps can add a lot to the experienc
New From KlearGear: Free Speech, Only $3,500 Plus Shipping And Handling
By popular demand -- which is a polite way of saying yes, I heard about this, for the love of God stop sending me emails about it -- it's ti
Android 4.4 KitKat coming to Nexus 7 and 10 starting today
After shipping its latest version of Android, 4.4 KitKat, with the Nexus 5 smartphone, Google has begun rolling out the new OS to its older
Hack of MacRumors forums exposes password data for 860,000 users
Assume your password is known, site's top brass tells account holders.
CyanogenMod Installer Guides You Through Installing CM on Your Phone
Android: Today, CyanogenMod Inc., the newly formed corporation behind the popular custom ROM of the same name, released an Android app that