[i] Ian Johnson, “Pain and Hope as China Molds Its Capital into New Supercity,” The New York Times, July 20, 2015.
I launched my CPA firm in 1983 with the express goal of helping people, their businesses and their families successfully navigate the economics of life and business, including tax planning and investments. This goal has been accomplished many times over the years by coordinating, facilitating, assisting and guiding their efforts to reach desired goals and outcomes. This has included many very interesting and fulfilling situations such as stepping in as the CFO or controller for small and medium size entities, managing a shopping center, managing family estates and many other rewarding experiences.
More recently I have affiliated with the firm HD Vest Investment Services (SM) a nationwide broker/dealer headquartered in Dallas, Tx that specializes in working with CPAs for over 30 years and, until recently, was owned by Wells Fargo Bank. HD Vest provides the support for the very important services including financial, retirement and estate planning. Through Vest I am able to further assist clients in achieving their long term financial plans and goals. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of ethics and transparency as we proudly provide services for individuals and businesses. We believe communication is tantamount to an exceptional environment for our clients, team and partners.
Prior to launching my CPA firm I worked for several years with national CPA firms that provided very valuable experience with many different industries including hotels, ski resorts, technology, manufacturing, real estate and construction, legal services and many others. I hold a Bachelor of Science degree in business as well as a Masters Degree in economics from Cal State Long Beach. I am an alumni member of Sigma Alpha Epsilon national fraternity. I am also a member of the American Economic Association as well as the states of Washington and California Society of CPAs.
Although I am a registered financial advisor for HD Vest any opinions on this site are my own ...
- California State University, Long BeachMasters Deg - Economics, 1977
- California State University, Long BeachBS - Business Finance, 1971
- Burton & Associates, CPA, PCCPA, 1985 - presentCertified Public Accountant, 17791 Fjord Drive, Poulsbo, Wa, 98370 Also serving: Seattle, Puget Sound, Silverdale, Bremerton, Sequim, Gig Harbor Tax planning, tax return preparation, tax planning, estate planning, retirement planning, nonprofits, closely held entities, LLCs, corporations, partnerships, asset management, real estate management; Multi-state tax issues, residency requirements
- HD Vest Financial ServicesAdvisor, 2010 - 2013Investment planning, financial planning, retirement planning, portfolio allocations, asset management
- Grant Thornton InternationalAudit Sr, 1981 - 1982
- PKF CPAsAudit & Tax Sr, 1978 - 1980
(360) 930-9576, (360)930-9576
17971 Fjord Drive Ste 114-A Poulsbo, Wa 98370