Recently with KitKat I been seeing an Exception that I just can't solve.
java.lang.RuntimeException: Adding window failed
So it seems the error is more system level and is more specifically happening here: https://github.com/android/platform_frameworks_base/blob/kitkat-release/core/java/android/view/ViewRootImpl.java#L500
The TTL Exception is when your passing too much data from separate processes...which I am not doing (I am pretty positive). This only has been happening in 4.2 and 4.2.2 so it seems like its KitKat related.
Here is specific code from JB and KK:
I have had this happen on my phone but I can not reproduce ...it happens very random. My best guess is that in KitKat, even a 1 byte transaction could theoretically get a TTL if too much background stuff was going on.
Anyone else seeing this issue?
Success! Thanks for registering for Google I/O 2014. An email confirmation will be sent to your Google account for your records.
We look forward to seeing you in San Francisco on June 25-26, 2014.
- Neverstill MediaLead Android Developer, 2011 - presentNeverstill Media is a network of news and community-based websites and mobile apps covering topics in Consumer Tech, Gaming, Lifestyle, and more. Our we are proud to own Phandroid.com and AndroidForums.com which is the first and largest Android news and fan community. Design and build the next generation of Neverstill Android apps and APIs. Programming new websites and features for existing websites based on documentation. Potentially develop apps and Neverstill APIs for other mobile platforms. Keep up-to-date on the latest Android SDK developments, respond to customer feedback & testing. Other tasks related to the upkeep and development of Company websites, including but not limited to: updating software from Wordpress and vBulletin, assisting in server optimization and uptime improvements, performing backups, assisting in server migrations, and other miscellaneous tasks.
- BAE SystemsModeling and Simulation Specialist, 2007 - 2011I worked on the 3D Modeling and Simulation team that focused on visualization. Our main requirement was to support our customers with modeling, visualizations, simulations, training modules and marketing renderings. Specialized in but not limiting to: 3D Modeling - Maya, Modo, Blender Real-Time - Vega Prime, Ogre3D, Unreal Programming - Visual Basic, Mel Scripting, Python, Java, C++
- Pitney BowesField System Specialist, 2004 - 2007Installed and customized shipping solutions for clientele all throughout Central and Eastern PA. Integrated customized solutions to interface with their legacy systems and current workflows.
- MediatoyOwner / Web DeveloperPartnership that I created while in high school that offered Web Design and Development.
- Social Media
- Server Administration
- Server Security
- University of Lifepresent
6 high-priced Android apps worth your hard-earned money
Most people have no problem spending a few bucks on a Big Mac that will keep them satisfied for a couple of hours. Why is it so hard to buy
It’s raining geeks and nerds: Thumbrella hits $1 Million Kickstarter goal
Call Jonas Hanway crazy, but after being embarrassed on Shark Tank the entrepreneur's new product has raised $1 Million dollars on Kickstart
Google Keyboard updated to version 3.0 to bring personalized typing sugg...
Google has dropped what should be a pretty useful upgrade for their keyboard app. Version 3.0 brings us personalized suggestions, with the d
Chrome Beta for Android updated with Chromecast support | Google Chrome:...
Wish you could Chromecast from your phone's browser? Now you can! It's an experimental feature, but we should see it completed soon enough.