The Washington Post's Mensa Invitational once again invited readers to take any word from the dictionary, alter it by adding, subtracting, or changing one letter, and supply a new definition.
Here are the winners:
1. Cashtration <#> (n <#> .): The act of buying a house, which renders the subject financially impotent for an indefinite period of time.
2. Ignoranus <#> : A person who's both stupid and an asshole <#> .
3. Intaxicaton <#> : Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until you realize it was your money to start with.
4. Reintarnation <#> : Coming back to life as a hillbilly.
5. Bozone <#> (n <#> .): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone <#> layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.
6. Foreploy <#> : Any misrepresentation about yourself for the purpose of getting laid
7. Giraffiti <#> : Vandalism spray-painted very, very high.
8. Sarchasm <#> : The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.
9. Inoculatte <#> : To take coffee intravenously when you are running late.
10. Osteopornosis <#> : A degenerate disease. (This one got extra credit.)
11. Karmageddon <#> : It's like, when everybody is sending off all these really bad vibes, right? And then, like, the Earth explodes and it's like, a serious bummer.
12. Decafalon <#> (n <#> ): The grueling event of! getting through the day consuming only things that are good for you.
13. Glibido <#> : All talk and no action.
14. Dopeler <#> Effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.
15. Arachnoleptic <#> Fit (n <#> .): The frantic dance performed just after you've accidentally walked through a spider web.
16. Beelzebug <#> (n <#> .): Satan in the form of a mosquito, that gets into your bedroom at three in the morning and cannot be cast out.
17. Caterpallor <#> (n <#> .): The color you turn after finding half a worm in the fruit you're eating.
- Aperture LaboratoriesGeneral Manager, 1953 - present
- The school of hard knocksLife, 1995 - present
iTunes - Music - Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys (D...
Preview songs from Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys (Deluxe Version) by My Chemical Romance on the iTunes Store. Preview
Wollondilly Anglican College e-Learning System: Login to the site
Login here using your username and password (Cookies must be enabled in your browser) Help with Cookies must be enabled in your browser. Use