Jakob Nielsen just castigated #Windows8 . Not everybody agrees that he's is a user-interface genius, but he is meticulous and I think his judgment here is mostly on target. I'm not quite so negative on it, but I dread what to do with my mother-in-law's computer upgrade.
2 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 14 previous comments
- I hope that it's not really true that the UI restricts users to a single window. I can't begin to describe how unusable that would be.Nov 19, 2012
- He castigated "pound Windows8"?Nov 19, 2012
- Hmm... I have 7 windows running in my Windows 8 right now. I really don't get what Nielsen is trying to prove by presenting touch only usability test results with desktop computer when there is something like Win7 desktop available too.Nov 20, 2012
- Nov 20, 2012
- Not wondering about; deriding and making fun of.
Tagging words is unnecessary in 2012. See: GoogleNov 20, 2012
- Deride hashtags if you want, but I'd suggest you take a closer look at hashtags on Google+. I for one plan to keep using them and am glad others do (in moderation).
On Google+ a hashtagged word links to a search for that hashtag, a feature I use quite often. You can also convert the search quickly into a Google+ circle, which is handy if it's a subject you're interested in. Judging by the fact that so many of Google trending topics are hashtags, they clearly have continued relevance. And while I don't know for sure, I suspect that a tagged word gets extra relevance in the signal analysis in Google search.Nov 21, 2012