* bluetooth technology
* the opportunity to meet "Angela" (apparently she's only 5 miles away!)
* Proof of Bigfoot
* A steroid alternative that will turn me into some sort of photoshop monstrosity
Day Job alert: more Dolby magic conjured by some of my colleagues being demo'd at CES this week.
#dolby #hdtv #hevc
I have almost finished the Enemy Within expansion and I've really enjoyed it.
I'll do a bigger review later (and keep spoilers to a minimum) but I will say: the amount of new equipment and modifications that can be made to soliders had made this game seem easier than my first time through X:EU (althought perhaps that just because I'm a bit better at the game by this point as well.)
There is one battle midway through the game that's a doozy and did nearly destroy my entire fore... I think people that have played know what I'm talking about...
I think this is good news and another proof point that Mr. JJ Abrams' head is in the right place. Now if he also gives out the word that he'll be relying less on CGI and more on actual sets I will buy somebody a beer.
Having just watched the series again over the last couple of weekends back to back, it's amazing to me just how "hollow" the prequels felt compared the original series especially in terms of production design. (Also, rewatching Empire Strikes Back, I was surprised as to just how few location sets there were.. the Hoth sets were fantastic, but Bespin and the Swamp locations were really stark.)
And he named the corpse "Hank"
Happy New Years, Googlers! Here's the latest on that new "Lost Colony" area (the one that was written in "invisible ink" and hidden under a patch on the original John White map) that they started zapping with ground penetrating radar (GPR) last year. Some images are returning, "...differences in the surface structure [which] could indicate the creation of ditches that are different from those created by Native Americans."
Ditches, my friends.
- Dolby LaboratoriesSr. Product Manager, 2011 - present
- Cisco Systems, Inc.Product Manager, 1998 - 2011
Why, hello there!
First, let me thank you for taking the time to check out my profile, may you profit greatly from your curious mind. I always like to hear from people, so feel free to drop me a message saying “Hi”.Stuff I typically post about
- Movies, TV, Books & Retro Games: I was weened on old-school geekery
- Geekery: History, Cryptozoology, Paranormal nonsense and other fun topics
- Technology: Mostly related to the day job at Dolby Laboratories working on Dolby Voice and other technology industry stuff.
- RPG Games: I write RPG adventure games on the side (and if you have to ask what that is, you probably aren’t playing one…)
To be honest, I do more commenting than posting myself.
Things I do:
- Fund my renaissance man lifestyle by being a Sr. Product Manager at Dolby Laboratories responsible for Dolby Voice products
- Live in San Jose, CA.
- Perform the role of single dad raising two intelligent, confident, beautiful daughters
- Play ice hockey at Sharks Ice San Jose
- Talk VoIP, Media Industry, and San Jose events and History as twitter.com/SNewton47
- Publish books and talk geekery, movies, interactive fiction, D&D and Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG (DCCRPG) as my alter ego Thick Skull Adventures twitter.com/ThickSkullAdv (www.thickskulladventures.com)
- San Francisco State UniversityComputer Information Systems