Get the program at this link:
$100 registration ends today. It is still a bargain at tomorrow's $150.
exhibit May 6-Sept 17
opening reception: Friday May 6, 5-8pm
open Saturday, May 7, 12-4pm
The Gallery at Gray's
10717 Detroit Ave
artist's online gallery:
Excellent article, although I think Rich can't be expected to understand that the electorate's Cognitive Mean is more bug than feature.
Then there are the inevitable gems too. For example, in 1997 Nancy wrote in her article, The Hallways of Learning,
Hallways are data-rich.
The context for those three snappy words is: in the hallways of a business a lot of informal, focused, meaning-producing discussion transpires.
(In my terms, cognitive exchange and differentiation occurs in such sites too. I've also been reflecting on how Nancy's Collective Sensemaking exchanges with the KELT and enactivist social cybernetics.)
Nine Guidelines of Collective Sensemaking
1. Connection before Content
2. Circles Connect
3. Small Groups as the Unit of Learning
4. Divergence before Convergence
5. Cognitive Diversity
6. Visible Ideas span boundaries
7. Shared Experience builds Shared Understanding
8. Physical Space changes Connection
9. Enable all Voices to be heard
I just checked into Nancy's excellent web site and see that these guidelines are elaborated using an actual case. Her approach seems to me to offer an integration of sensemaking and conversational learning.
- squareONE experiential toolmakerslead designerj, 1996 - 2016Designer, Facilitator, Researcher on experiential learning
- Noguts Noglory StudiosArtist/Producer, 1995 - 2014Sonic explorer; sound designer, composer, improvisor; focused on ambient and soundscape using synthesizers, steel guitars, field recordings, stuff around the houseVisual Artist; entirely computer-based; focused on generative and procedural visual experiments
- Catalyst Consulting Groupmanager, client services, 2003 - 2013
- Lakewood Ohio Public Libraryassistant manager, technology, 2005 - 2006held anthropology portfolio as part of the Lakewood Visionary Alignment; designed and facilitated programs, experiential learning in the library, and, in imaginal musicology
- AUM Markeingprincipal, 1988 - 1995Marketing and Strategic Development focused on artist development in the music business; associations with Ekapa/RPM (1988-1990 NYC) and Wayward Works (1992-1996 LA)
- Artist working in experimental visuals, photographic and generative artPrincipal, 1998 - 2016Represented by Deba Jean Gray Galleryatgrays.com Cleveland, Ohio
'Quantum Surrealism' Demonstrated in New Study: It's More Useful Than Yo...
Scientists have demonstrated "quantum surrealism" for the first time.
Gulf Stream gold: Mining green energy from Atlantic currents | Al Jazeer...
Scientists hopeful for renewable potential from sea turbines, environmentalists concerned about impact on marine life
The Celery Is Just a Conduit - Lawyers, Guns & Money : Lawyers, Guns...
My mother-in-law is obsessed with People magazine. She's gone so far as to download their app, so she can get minute-to-minute updates on th
The Mystery of Go, the Ancient Game That Computers Still Can’t Win | Ent...
Computers match or surpass top humans in a wide variety of games: Othello, Scrabble, backgammon, poker, even Jeopardy. But not Go. It's the
Young students learn value of trial and error with Broomfield library's ...
On Saturday, Broomfield-area students learned the value of experimentation and making mistakes during the Broomfield Design Challenge, a han
"Evolution of Creativity" cartoon | Tom Fishburne: Marketoonist
All children are artists, Pablo Picasso famously said. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up. As adults, I think we often