- Freelance Writer2006 - present
- HellaGoodWritingPartner, 2013 - present
- LuxuryTravel.About.comSustainable Destinations Expert, 2013 - present
- FBA360Teacher, 2014 - present
- MNN.comConscious Consumption Columnist, 2010 - present
- Eco-Chick.comBlogger, Author, Editor, Ecofashionista, Optimist, 2005 - present
- Inhabitat.comColumnist, 2010 - 2013
- EcosalonFashion, Beauty, Shelter/Design & Travel Editor, 2013 - 2013
- Whole Living MagazineContributor-at-Large, 2011 - 2012
- Coco Eco MagazineEditor-at-Large, 2010 - 2013
Starre is a journalist and creative writer with an ethical bent and a peripatetic soul. Her writing has been published in New York, Audubon, Coco Eco, Fairfield County, and Whole Living magazines. Online, her work has appeared on ScientificAmerican.com, Pacific Standard, Inhabitat, Elle.com, the American Literary Review, and many others.
Starre has been featured on Whole Living Magazine's "Styleosophy" page and as an expert on green living, eco fashion and natural beauty, and she's been quoted by the New York Times (thrice). She or her sites have been featured in Glamour, Self, The Christian Science Monitor, Treehugger, Shape, and many blogs.
She is currently the conscious consumption columnist at MNN, the Sustainable Destinations expert at About.com's Luxury Travel site, and a contributor to The Huffington Post, who named her one of the 25 Hottest Green Girls (#9!) and named her one of the Top Green Twitter feeds.
A teacher and speaker on the topics of writing, journalism and online branding and communications, she has consulted for American Express and independent fashion and beauty brands.
In the past she has been a contributor-at-large for Whole Living, editor-at-large for Coco Eco Magazine, and a regular contributor to The Daily Green, covering fashion and beauty subjects. She has been a contributing writer for E/The Environmental Magazine, the nation’s oldest independent environmental publication, for ten years.
Starre was formerly a columnist for Audubon Magazine and was the style editor for Plenty Magazine. She was a dining columnist for The Fairfield County Weekly, where she also regularly wrote about commuting, transportation, and alternative energy. She’s also written for Alternet, Ecosalon, and Worldchanging New York.
- Columbia University, NYC, NYMFA in Nonfiction Writing, 2009
- Syracuse University, Syracuse, NYBS in Geology + BA in English + Minor in Biology, 1995 - 1999
- James I. O'Neill High School, Highland Falls, NYHonors Diploma, 1991 - 1995
- Garrison Union Free School, Garrison, NY
- Croton Montessori School, Croton, NY