Pablo Hidalgo, Lucasfilm Brand Communications Manager and author, weighs in on the future of Star Wars at the Star Wars Blog.
56 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 21 previous comments
- Yeah that kind of storyline would invalidate the integrity of Luke in the movies. These movies aren't coming out so fast as to be treated serially like the Comic-Books were under Marvel.Nov 9, 2012
- Well. . .they could introduce a new sith in Star Wars 7. . . maybe an unknown son of one of the old sith. Trying to seek revenge by killing the jedi. Luke Skywalker tries to find and kill him only to find out that he would be killing his brother. Then end the movie for dramatic effect. They then could make Star Wars 8 by telling Luke's brother's side of the story starting with watching his father die and blaming Luke for the death. They could tell about the brother's adventures and then end with the first deul of the two brothers. Star Wars 9 would be the reunitement of the two.(oh! and Leia!)Nov 14, 2012
- I'm sorry but that makes less sense than most of the EU.
I agree that it could be about the rise of a new dark side order, but they would not in fact be sith or have anything to do with them. In general, I think the sequels should stay as far away from the Skywalkers as possible. I think it is the best way to keep from upsetting people, but then people will be upset no matter what.Nov 15, 2012
- I never understood why people bashed the prequels. Not as good as the originals, but still awesome. Personally I think it is "herd-think". People tend to believe what everyone else believes. I am looking forward to more Star Wars.Nov 17, 2012
- There's so much hating on the prequels no one really stops and appreciates how groundbreaking those films actually were in terms of the history of cinema and special effects. Same for people who hate the original trilogy and think it's campy and outdated. That's what makes GL one of the best filmmakers of our time, he was always pushing the limits.Nov 17, 2012
- Couldn't agree more.Nov 18, 2012