Modak is a sweet dumpling popular in Western and Southern India. It is called modak in Marathi and Konkani as well as Gujarati language, Sughiyan in Malayalam, modhaka or kadubu in Kannada, modhaka or kozhakkattai in Tamil, and kudumu in Telugu.
The sweet filling inside a modak is made up of fresh grated coconut and jaggery, while the soft shell is made from rice flour, or wheat flour mixed with khava or maida flour. The dumpling can be fried or steamed. The steamed version, called ukdiche modak, is eaten hot with ghee. Modaks have a special importance in the worship of the Hindu god Lord Ganesh.
#indianfood #ganeshchaturthi #ganeshchaturthi2014
I volunteer and contribute to Mozilla as Mozilla Rep.
I started Mozilla Club Hyderabad to form vibrant community of Mozilla Contributors in Hyderabad region.
My free time goes in participating in competitions, organizing events, meetup's, delivering talks
- Sreenidhi Institute Of Science And TechnologyInformation Technology, 2008 - 2012
- Narayana Junior CollegeMPC, 2006 - 2008
- Jyothi High SchoolSCC, 2006 - 2006
- MozillaREMO, 2012 - present
- Wipro TechnologiesProject Engineer, 2012 - present
- Microsoft Student PartnerVolunteer, 2011 - 2013
- Kernel Soft TechnologiesIntern, 2012 - 2012
- Virgin Mobile INDIAIntership, 2011 - 2011